Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/Healthy Wikimedia Communities - what do they need?
Title of your proposal
Healthy Wikimedia communities - what do they need?
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Steigenberger, Christel, User:CSteigenberger (WMF)
- WMF, Trust and Safety Specialist
- Strategic discussions:
- Increasing the level of cooperation on the level of communities.
- Attracting new editors and creating comfortable conditions for them.
- Developments of small communities.
- Implementation of Wikimedia 2030 strategy in the region.
- Gender gap.
- Capacity development:
- Creation and development of local communities. Recognition from WMF. Support of small communities.
- Conflict resolution.
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Workshop (work in groups)
Together we want to explore what makes a healthy Wikimedia community. We will talk about questions like: “How many admins does a project need? What processes for dispute resolution? What about diversity within the community?” We will also talk about how the Wikimedia Foundation, especially the Trust and Safety Team can support communities to stay healthy. We will first collect ideas and expectations in groups. I will then introduce the Community Health Metrics Kit. You will learn different ways to measure community health and how to discover where focus areas of growth or change for your community could lie. We will again work in groups to give feedback on the Kit and help bring the perspective of CEE communities to it.
This presentation is open to all participants. Participants with a special interest in community health and/or statistics are especially welcome!
- increase of the shared understanding of community health challenges and chances in the CEE region
- more awareness about the advantages of measuring things connected to community health
- more awareness about the support offered by the Trust & Safety Team
Duration (without Q&A) =
- Flipcharts with pens for the working group phases
- no tables please
Slides or further information
coming in early October