Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/Lviv Then and Now: Rephotography Workshop
Lviv Then and Now: Rephotography Workshop
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Heikki Kastemaa User:Kulttuurinavigaattori, president, Wikimedia Suomi (Finland)
- Tarmo Annus, rephotographer
- Trans-border cooperation (several separate topics of cooperation applicable, particularly, article contests, GLAM and other projects).
- Trans-border contests: CEE Spring, WLE, WLM, European Science Photo Competition, Wikiexpeditions
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Workshop (work in groups)
The participants work in groups of two. They install prepaid sim-cards into their smartphones, if they don´t have a mobile connection in Ukraina. Then they install Ajapaik app in their Android phones, select one or two old photos from Commons to their album. Then they locate the direction of the camera in Ajapaik on OSM map.
After this the participants go to the location to take a picture. After coming back to the venue, the participants present their rephoto, report the results and discuss where and how they could use the method. If there is a colour printer, a small temporary exhibition can be made.
Maximum 40 participants. Registration in advance to announce which kind of sim-card the participant has and if she/he has Android phone.
The participants will learn how to use the Ajapaik rephotography system and study the change of certain location in Lviv. The method can be used in connection of WLE, WLM, European Science Photo Competition and Wikiexpeditions.
The participants are encouraged to think and discuss where and how they could use rephotography.
If colour printer is available, a small temporary exhibition of the results.
Duration (without Q&A)
- introduction, downloading and geolocating 45 min.
- rephotographing (in participants own time around the city)
- reporting and discussing results and hanging of the exhibition (evening or another day) 45 min
- The participants need to have an Android smartphone with mobile access in order to produce a rephoto.
- For this, prepaid sim cards should be purchased. If people move in groups, less sim cards are needed because one can make a hotspot.
- A colour printer and paper (A4 or A3 size), if we want the results be shown as an exhibition.
- Blue tag, tape, Lviv map, tourist maps.
- Projector and screen installed.
Slides or further information
- Google Play, Ajapaik rephoto
- Rephotography: What, how and why?
- Rephotography: Spotting the Chrononotopes
Interested attendees (Please add yourself, and you may indicate your questions to the presenter).
Name and sim card size in Android phone I need, micro or nano-sim?