Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/Nonviolent communication workshop
Title of your proposal
Nonviolent communication (NVC) workshop
THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELLED, but alternative learning resources are listed below for those interested in Nonviolent Communication.
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Marti Johnson (WMF)
- Program Officer, Project Grants - Wikimedia Foundation
You are welcome to contact me at mjohnson wikimedia · org for more information about Nonviolent Communication.
- Strategic discussions:
- Increasing the level of cooperation on the level of communities.
- Capacity development:
- Conflict resolution.
Type of submission (Please choose one)
Not applicable - workshop cancelled
NVC can dramatically improve communication, and thereby relationships, by helping to focus attention on:
- Empathic understanding of others without compromising our own values, and
- Expressing authentic needs openly and honestly, without blame or criticism.
Nonviolent Communication (NVC) means learning to:
- Build relationships based on compassion and understanding
- Accurately understand other people’s feelings and needs
- Be assertive and negotiable at the same time
- Break patterns of thinking that lead to anger and depression
- Information about multi-day intensive trainings in Nonviolent Communication (NVC) - hosted internationally
- Search for a certified trainer in your country
- Books, CDs, DVDs, children's books and other educational materials - in English
- Note: this is a link to the bookstore for the international nonprofit organization that oversees NVC trainings