Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/Searching and integrating the positive intention in conflicts
Title of your proposal
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- User:KuboF Hromoslav
- Esperanto and Free Knowledge, Leader of Preparatory Committee
- Capacity development:
- Conflict resolution.
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Presentation with discussion (one-to-many + Q&A)
Assuming good faith is important behavioral guideline in Wikimedia wikis. And for good reason! Absolutely most of the active users are providing their free time and energy to somehow advance humanity and beyond, and conflicts are to high extend only misunderstandings. Same in Wikimedia organisation. It shows up that humans are generally doing things because of some kind of positive intention. While the reasoning behind the intention can be outdated, non-accurate or plainly false, it is always positive. Acknowledging the possitiveness of the intention is necessary first step in resulting the conflict. I will show you a simple technique to find the positive intention and than integrate it for resolving conflicts both inside of you and with another people.
- Participants will understand deeper meaning of good faith.
- Participants will be able to simpler solve their inner conflicts.
- Participants will be able to simpler solve conflicts in their organisation.
Duration (without Q&A)
Slides or further information
Interested attendees (Please add yourself, and you may indicate your questions to the presenter).
- --Kristina Millona (talk) 22:16, 11 October 2018 (UTC)
- --Mhladnik (talk) 08:59, 14 October 2018 (UTC)