Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2018/Programme/Submission/WikiOnTheRoad
WikiOnTheRoad:Our experience and yours
Name(s) and/or username(s)
- Strategic discussions:
- Increasing the level of cooperation on the level of communities.
- Attracting new editors and creating comfortable conditions for them.
- Developments of small communities.
- Creation and development of local communities. Recognition from WMF. Support of small communities.
- Encouragement of new editors.
Type of submission (Please choose one)
- Presentation with discussion (one-to-many + Q&A)
This summer Wikimedians of Slovakia launched a new project, WikiOnTheRoad. Our goal is to go out into smaller towns that lie outside of the paths often travelled but are still big enough to be a centre of their own region and spread Wiki there by showing people how to edit, how to add pictures on Commons and answer/show any other questions they might have, maybe even Wikidata.
The presentation will start off by presenting the project, move on to how we made it happen, what worked and what could be improved. The session would then move on to the QnA where suggestions, comments and other approaches would be discussed in a group setting. Perhaps another community would be inspired in making this project their own.
Two outcomes: (1) to inform about our initiative and potentially inspire others and (2) to improve our project and potentially others.
Duration (without Q&A)
15 min presentation, 15 min discussion.
Projector, flipchart to note down ideas, arrangent conductive for discussion.
Slides or further information
No slides yet.