Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2019/Programme/Submissions/Quo vadis, Wikisource? - project transformation and outlook
- Title of the submission
Quo vadis, Wikisource? - project transformation and outlook
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- lecture, an informal follow-up hands-on workshop is possible
- Author(s) of the submission
(Information provided in the registration form)
Regular member of Wikimedia PL chapter
- Wiki Ecosystem, Editor Retention, Best Practises
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
Polish Wikisource is a successful project (one of the largest Wikisources) with a relatively low, but highly motivated group of contributors. Many of them started their adventure due to Wikipedia community issues. I am going to present the history of Polish Wikisource and how several bold decisions made it successful. For several years, the main influx of editors comes from outside Wiki.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
Wikisource as way of digitalising printed heritage, enhancing Wikipedia articles and insight into pl.wikisource success factors that can make their lesser Wiki projects work.
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
Please take into account that although I am sending more submissions, I will be able to present at most two of them based on programme committee's preferences.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).