Wikimedia Conference 2010/Chapters' Meeting/Survey
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
The participants could rate all the points from very satisfactory (+2) to satisfactory (+1), unsatisfactory (-1), very unsatisfactory (-2), or no answer (0). 41 participants from the chapters track answered the survey.
- Negative / Proposals
- Have two-sided name cards.
- Have working groups start before the conference even begins so same work can already be done online -> more outcomes here
- Make sure that WMF (Board + Staff) are in a hotel nearby the other participants.
- It was too cold in hotel…
- THERE WERE SOME MORE WIKIMEDIANS AROUND BUT NOT ALLOWED TO JOIN TALKS EVEN TO LISTEN TO THEM AND NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE DISCUSSION. THINK THAT DID NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN. WHOEVER INTERESTED SHOULD NOT BE REJECTED, PERHAPS JUST SET SOME NARROWER BORDERS OF PARTICIPATION BUT STILL ALLOWED TO SIT IN THE ROOM.
- DEFINITELY GOOD IDEA TO HAVE DEV & CHAPTER NOT PARALELL!!!
- TWO DAYS (OR 2,5) SEEMS TO BE TOO SHORT.
- A little STRONGER FACILITATION
- Make programme 1st and 2nd day a bit shorter, use 1 or more hours on 3rd day
- Better instructions for getting to the venue from trains etc. would be useful
- Wish everyone came on time more :/
- The emphasis should be on inclusion. And clearer advance communication. If there are some issues that require equal chapter representation they should be the exception, and isolated to one session on one day.
- I would like the programme at a soon time in order to better plan my arrival.
- Have name tags that have the name on both sides. Require the presentations to be put online before the actual presentation. If possible, have only one hostel instead of 2.
- More sweets / small snacks available during the breaks. The chokolade was literally dissolved within seconds
- The re:publica party was lame – public place, too much people, no chance to meet anyone due to the masses, no chance to discuss due to music (too loud), groups fell apart due to no food -> everyone went on to find dinner
- More disc of outcomes for each session beforehand.
- Better prep. Of moderators
- More healthy food. (Vegetables for snacks? Pita, olives, tomatoes…)
- Non-party social actitivies, yes please!
- Discussions about the programme should happen in advance and in public.
- Moderators need to be a mix of this years and last years -> with a strong working group moderation background (documentation effective) + a directive moderation style.
- a) Involve more people from the emerging chapters
- b) Allocate more time to discuss the community as a focalpoint. Without the community, we ought to remember that these nice projects, would’t be as good as they are now.
- c) Better accommodation and food for the participants.
- Positive / Well done / Thanks
- I AM SO THANKFUL TO THE ORGANISERS, THEY ARE DOING SUCH A AWESOME JOB IN THESE CHAOTIC SETTINGS. ALL OF THEM, NICOLE SPECIALLY!
- The handling of the volcano situation was PERFECT. Thanks to Nicole and all the others involved in this.
- War alles super!
- THANK YOU WM-DE!
- Thanx for the great work! :)
- Amazing venue.
- Actually, “usefulness of the meeting” should get a plus-plus-plus! :)
- My first trip to Berlin and loving it, especially knowing that I’m part of doing something for WM :)
- Thanks a million for everything.
- The German Chapter has done an exceptional job in organizing the event. The organizational effort they have put in is commendable. It was fun exchanging thoughts and getting introduced to each other. Let us contribute to each others growth by having ideas and practices – we believe that we will have good stuff to whave to in coming days. Looking forward to the future meet-.ups!!
- Conference much more productive than last years, we’re growing and maturity
- Neutral / Comments
- Meteorologists! ;-)
- Re-schedule the timing of volcanos.
- No volcanos please! !-)
- TOO MUCH ASH!
- MORE WAFFERS!!! :)
- Make sure to set the $urgExplodingVolcano to = false before the conference