Wikimedia Conference 2012/Social Events
Thursday 29 March
Informal welcome gathering & pre-registration at the hostel bar "Cosmo Lounge" / "Wintergarten" at baxpax downtown Hostel Hotel.
There will be drinks and snacks and room to meet and chat. Please collect your conference pass and attendee kit there!
Friday 30 March
Open get-together with Wikipedians and friends in the Hostel club in the basement of baxpax downtown Hostel Hotel.
The Wikimedia Foundation generously offered to sponsor this social event, thank you very much!
Saturday 31 March
On Saturday night we would like to take you on an exciting and educational trip through the "Underworlds" of Berlin (Berliner Unterwelten e. V.).
Meeting point: 7:45pm, Brunnenstraße 105
Please take S-Bahn line S1, S2 or S25 (northbound) from train station Friedrichstraße to Gesundbrunnen (4 stops).
- For those of us who aren't familiar with the names of the northern suburbs of Berlin, "northbound" means:
- The S1 towards Oranienburg
- The S2 towards Bernau
- The S25 towards Henningsdorf
- We recommend to you to wear or bring warm clothes as the visited underground areas are expected to be colder than outside.
- Also, we would suggest to you to not attend the tour without having eaten before. Tours take approximately 90 minutes.
We would like to thank Wikimedia Israel for generously co-sponsoring this activity.
Sunday 1 April
Check out the Berlin sightseeing tours offered by Martin Rulsch!