Wikimedia Conference 2015/Accommodation
All participants are requested to register. Before registering, affiliates are asked to internally select their representative(s). Travel and hotel bookings will be managed as follows:
- Group 1: If you are a representative of a chapter, thematic organization or user group and WMCON15 funding is included in your annual/project plan, please arrange your travel as well as hotel booking yourself by using this link: http://wmde.org/WMCON15_HotelBookingForm.
- Group 2: If you are a representative of a chapter, thematic organization or user group and WMCON15 funding is not included in your annual/project plan, you will be granted a scholarship. WMF will arrange your travel and WMDE will do the hotel booking for you.
- Group 3: If you belong to the FDC, AffCom, WMF Board or WMF Staff, travel and hotel booking is done by WMF for you.
Note that all organizations receiving APG funding will be in Group 1, as those organizations have the option to move funding from other areas of their budget to attend the conference, even if they have not set aside funds specifically for the conference.
To which group you belong will be requested in the registration form and which further steps you need to take will be explained in the confirmation email of your registration.
Despite the German public holiday and shorter lead time, WMDE found a suitable hotel, which can accommodate all participants under one roof. We have made a special deal with the following hotel, which is located nearby the conference venue:
Motel One Leipziger Platz, Leipziger Platz 12, 10117 Berlin.
All rooms include Wifi and breakfast and have their own bathroom. Please be informed that the hotel doesn’t offer twin bed rooms, but only double bedrooms (it is not possible to separate the beds). But of course separate mattresses and blankets will be provided. The earliest check-in is May 13, latest check-out is May 18, 2015. The check-in time starts at 3 p.m. and check-out is at 12 p.m. The following room types are reserved for group 1 (representatives of chapter, thematic organization or user group who have already budgeted for WMCON15 in annual/project plan and are expected to pay for the expenses themselves) until April 01, 2015:
- Single room: 88,50 € per room/night
- Double room: 113 € per room/night (56,50 € per person)
Please note that free cancellation of individually booked rooms is only possible three days prior to arrival. Cancellations made after will be invoiced for 90 % of the room price (excluding breakfast), if resale is not possible.
WMDE has blocked a number of double bedrooms at the Motel One Leipziger Platz and will do the booking for group 2 (representatives of chapters, thematic organizations or user groups, which have not included WMCON15 funding in annual/project plan and need funding). As accommodation is funded, please be aware that you will need to share the double room. The hotel does not offer twin but only double bedrooms. The rooms are all equipped with a double bed with 2 single mattresses. If you do not feel comfortable sharing a double bed, please indicate it in the registration form. We will accommodate you in another hostel nearby.
Group 1 – Sharing a Double Room
If you belong to group 1 and you are looking for someone with whom you can share a double room with, you can indicate your interest in the table below.
|Name||Arrival Date||Departure Date||Contact me via||Comment|
|Toni Ristovski (Ehrlich91)||14 May 2015||17 May 2015||on my Wiki-page on mk.wiki|