Wikimedia Conference 2017/Program/47
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
47: Introduction to Wikimedia Foundation brand materials (including what we learned)
- Affiliates doing outreach activities and reporting back to the Foundation.
- Session Format
- 60 min
- Room setting
- In 2016, the Communications department worked with the rest of the Foundation to revise our branded materials. During this process, we changed our logo to include free fonts, built guidelines and templates for many assets from presentations to badges, and ran workshops to teach staff how to best use our new guidelines. We want to make the materials, and what we learned in the process, available to everyone.
- Desired Outcome
- Increased understanding of new Wikimedia Foundation brand materials and planned activities. To share and explain our materials for the use or remix of anyone interested. Increased trust in the Wikimedia brand through consistent visual design.
- Next Steps and Milestones
- The Communications department will provide needed guidance for affiliates who choose to use and modify existing materials themselves. We will incorporate what we learn in future iterations.