Wikimedia Conference 2018/Program/33
33. Introduction to Financial Planning for your organization
James Baldwin (Wikimedia Foundation)
- Audience / Target group
Affiliate leadership staff, affiliate board members, or anyone who is involved in planning or budgeting.
- Session Format
In this session, you will learn the primarily components and stages of a financial planning cycle. We will share common approaches to financial planning and discuss how financial planning integrates with programmatic planning.
- Desired Outcome
This session will prepare you with a foundational understanding of financial planning cycles that will allow you to: start planning a financial planning cycle for your organization, or assess how your organization is currently doing financial planning.
- Materials and notes
- Presetation Slides - PDF version on Commons, Google Slides version
- Exercise worksheet - PDF Version on Commons, Google Docs version
Agenda of the session included
- Sharing financial planning best practices and process elements
- Talking about how to design a planning process
- Walk through an example - WMF 2018/19 Annual Plan draft