Wikimedia Conference 2018/Program/36
36. Training Modules, Program Monitoring, and Data Collection with P & E Dashboard
Sage Ross (Wiki Education Foundation)
- Length (min)
- Audience / Target group
Current and prospective users of outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org: those who run programs for new editors
- Session Format
A walkthrough of what you can do with outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org:
- How to set up a campaign, create a program, and track editing activity
- Features for different types of programs and different kinds of edit tracking
- How to create, edit, translate, and assign training modules
- How to download stats
- Desired Outcome
Participants will have a broad understanding of what the dashboard can do, and how to get started using it for their own programs.
Programs & Events Dashboard is a tool for tracking on-wiki activities of events/courses. It can be used for:
- Tracking events after they happen
- For this you can create a program in Dashboard, add usernames and wait till the data is updated for the group of users.
- Running edit-a-thons
- You give participants a link to join the course; in the Dashboard you can now track such alert as deletion requests of the participants' articles.
- Having Education program courses
- You can arrange a timeline for the course, add training modules and tests for students to complete, assign articles.
Tool also allows to combine several programs into one campaign and see metrics for both separate program and general campaign, as well as download qualitative data.