Wikimedia Education SAARC conference/Registration
20-22 June 2019
|Main||Programme||Registration||Sponsors and Supporters||Feedback||Report|
Participate in Wikimedia projects and education projects in their capacity as staff or volunteer or want to create new education projects. Want to work together, build community and share strategies to support and promote education in Wikimedia. Are from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience levels. Can share information about education and Wikipedia in the community they work with.
Scholarships will be given to participants based on the information given at the application about their previous experiences and engagement. Any active contributor to a Wikimedia project or Wikimedia volunteer in any other capacity, from anywhere in the SAARC countries, are eligible for a scholarship. In an effort to encourage participation from women, at least 20% of the participants would be comprised of women.
We will be providing 3 different types of scholarships. Participants can choose the appropriate one for them:
- Scholarship for conference participation.
- Scholarship for conference participation + accommodation: Covers the cost of conference participation and shared accommodation.
- Scholarship for conference participation + accommodation + travel expenses: Covers the cost of conference participation, shared accommodation and travel expenses.
- Any active contributor to a Wikimedia project, or Wikimedia volunteer in any other capacity, from the South Asian subcontinent, with 1000+ edits before 1 May 2019 is eligible to apply for this scholarship. As the program supports volunteer participation, individuals whose participation is tied only to paid work do not qualify for a scholarship.
- Activity within the Wikimedia movement will be the main criteria for evaluation. Participation in non-Wikimedia free knowledge, free software, collaborative or educational initiatives, working with institutions is a plus.
The anticipated timeline for the Scholarship is as follows:
Programme Submission open: 25 April 2019 Programme Submission close: 10 May 2019 Scholarship applications open: 10 May 2019 Deadline for applying for scholarships: 20 May 2019 Applicants will be notified about final decisions: 25 May 2019(Selected participants have been informed over email)
- The final list of recipients will be announced: 25 May 2019