Wikimedia Education SAARC conference/Submissions/Goals of Wikimedia + Education: Content, Retention, Skills, etc
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Goals of Wikimedia + Education: Content, Retention, Skills, etc
- Author(s) of the submission
- E-mail address
- City of origin
- Tenali, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikipedia & Education UG (Board member)
- Main theme
- Program outcomes, editor retention, content development
- Type of session
- Length of session
- 20 min + 10 min of Q & A
- Do you want to submit a paper for peer-reviewing?
- The goals about using Wikimedia projects as a pedagogic tool and when we speak about Wikimedia + Education may be several. It may be improving the skills of students through editing Wikimedia projects, bringing in more editors into the community (we need editor retention) for that, or it also may be around improving the content on specific Wikimedia project. However, the approach or the steps we initially take while design a program matters a lot. That is, it is crucial to decide on a goal, and the goal decided will affect the way the program is to be conducted and also the final outcomes. This talk will not speak about doing a program from start to end but will help the participants to understand which approach is more sustainable and beneficial, and what are basic things to remember while taking selection the goals.
- How does your proposal add knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education
- Often, people start Wikimedia and Education stuff on very vague notes. They may have the positive intention of integrating Wikimedia into Education, but understanding the objectives, and why did this concept of W+E even exist is rather important. This will help the audience in the way that they get some good understanding around these topics.
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic?
- Community members, users leading Wikimedia and Education activities
- Slides or further information
- Will provide a link closer to the conference dates
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.