Wikimedia Education SAARC conference/Submissions/VVIT WikiConnect: A Year in Review
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- VVIT WikiConnect: A Year in Review
- Author(s) of the submission
- E-mail address
- City of origin
Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Main theme
- Skills, Wiki-clubs, and yearly planning
- Type of session
- Length of session
- 20 min + 10 min Q&A
- Do you want to submit a paper for peer-reviewing?
- One year after the establishment of VVIT WikiConnect club at VVIT, Nambur, considerable growth can be seen in terms of a variety of activities, the number of students engaged and retained. Our activities include; training sessions, meetups, GLAM activities, photo walks, online campaigns, thematic edit-a-thons, MediaWiki training and even advanced training sessions. Our activities are spread across Wikimedia projects of English and Telugu Wikipedia, Wikidata, and Wikimedia Commons. In the upcoming year, we will be expanding to Wikisource as well. This session will speak about practices about how do we recruit volunteers, and try to retain them. We will also speak about our activities last year, and also what we are going to do during the next year, including our various practices such as management, communication, and leadership building. This will also include the advantages of Wiki-club model in Wikimedia + Education activities. We will relate to the following report during the session;
- How does your proposal add knowledge to the international community in Wikimedia and education
Many Wiki-clubs are functional around the world, but we are probably the only ones functioning with a yearly plan funded by the Wikimedia Foundation, and supported by the regional partner CIS-A2K. This will help the audience understand the range of activities that Wiki-clubs can do, and how good are Wiki-clubs.
- Who is the intended ideal audience for the topic?
- Community leaders, educationists, and W+E organisers
- Slides or further information
- Will link closer to the event dates
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest.