3:00 - 3:10 pm UTC: Welcome (Caitlin Virtue)
- Approve January 22, 2021 Board Meeting Minutes
- Update on CEO and Executive Director search
- Update on Wikimedia Enterprise (data service, formerly “OKAPI”)
3:10 - 3:45 pm: Board Governance Discussion (Tony Sebro and Amy Parker)
3:45 - 4:00 pm: Wrap-up and Q&A (Caitlin Virtue)
4:00 pm: Adjourn
Endowment Advisory Board Members: Peter Baldwin, Annette Campbell-White, Michael Kim, Niels Christian Nielsen, and Jimmy Wales
Wikimedia Foundation Staff: Lisa Gruwell, Megan Hernandez, Amy Parker, Tony Sebro, Caitlin Virtue
Summary of Action Items
1) Welcome (Caitlin Virtue)
2) Approved minutes from January 22, 2021 meeting
- The minutes were approved as presented.
3) Asset allocation changes (Caitlin Virtue)
- The Investment Committee met in February 2021 and recommended minor changes to asset allocations in response to the impacts of the pandemic on economic conditions in the world. The Board voted to approve these changes via email on 24 February 2021.
4) Foundation updates (Lisa Gruwell)
- Update on recruiting for CEO and Executive Director of Wikimedia Foundation.
- Update on Wikimedia Enterprise, which was publicly announced on 16 March 2021.
5) Legal Structure of Endowment (Tony Sebro, Amy Parker)
- The Board discussed and came to consensus on several details regarding governance of the new entity, including:
- State of incorporation
- Board size and term limits
- Candidate requirements and aspirations
- Committee structure
- Giving expectations
6) Confirm Next Meeting (Caitlin Virtue)
- July 22, 2021 at 3pm - 6pm UTC (online)
- Meeting adjourned.