Wikimedia Foundation Audit Committee/2016 call for Audit Committee observers
Call for observers
- This message, "2016 call for Audit Committee observers", was sent on behalf of Kelly Battles on 4 April 2016.
Hello All -
My name is Kelly Bodnar Battles and I am honored to have joined the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees in January of this year.
Professionally, I am a Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and a material part of my near term Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) Board responsibilities will be to chair the Audit Committee. Currently, the voting members of the Audit Committee are myself, Alice Wiegand, María Sefidari and Denny Vrandečić. WMF’s CFO and Treasurer Jaime Villagomez is also an important stakeholder on this committee as well.
As you may know, we have the precedent of having non-voting members (please see role definition below) from outside the board participate in the Audit Committee as well. Toward that end, I would like to:
- First and foremost, thank Matt Bisanz, Michael Snow, Abhijith Jayanthi, Ben Creasy and Florian Gerl for participating in this committee as non-voting members in the recent past.
- Request that if you are interested (or know of other volunteers in the community who may be interested) in serving in this capacity for this next cycle (from selection through June 2017), please send to me at this email address (kbattleswikimedia.org) your resume, the top 3 reasons why you want to do this and the top 3 things you will add to the Audit Committee.
- Propose the following steps and timeline for the selection process:
- Candidates submit their interest and the above information to me no later than April 15
- The Audit Committee will interview top 4 candidates by May 10
- The Audit Committee will select the top 2 candidate by May 15
- Selected candidates join the Audit Committee by June 1 and attend July Audit Committee meeting
- Outline the following important preferences for candidates interested in this role:
- 5+ years of operational finance and or accounting experience
- Solid understanding of the mission and operations of WMF
- Prior executive or board experience
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or MBA (Masters in Business Administration), or equivalent earned
- Capacity to commit an estimated 20-30 hours annually to attend both quarterly and other ad-hoc meetings, prepare or review required materials, and interact with committee, staff and/or board as required.
Once again, I am thrilled to be part of this amazing organization. Thank you for the warm welcome I have received so far.
Announcement of observers selected
- This message, "Re: 2016 call for Audit Committee observers", was sent on behalf of Kelly Battles on 1 June 2016.
We are grateful for your interest in the Audit Committee, a group convened to assist the Board of Trustees in oversight of the Foundation's accounting and financial reporting processes. We are happy to report that we had solid interest in the call for volunteer advisory members to the committee, and we have filled the two seats with great candidates — Julian Singh and Michael Snow. Please join me in thanking both Julian and Michael for volunteering their time and experience to this important effort.
Julian and Michael, we are excited to work with you both.
Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees