|Call for feedback: Community Board seats|
|How to participate|
The team facilitating the Call for feedback: Community Board seats invites you to a round of panel sessions.
All topic panels took place meanwhile and have been fully documented in reports. Every report includes a summary, videos, notes, a transcript, and the chat log.
- Topic panel: Skills for board work
- Topic panel: Support for candidates
- Topic panel: Board - Global Council - Hubs
- Topic panel: Regional diversity
What is this?
As a result of the first three weeks of the Call for feedback three topics turned out to be the focus of the discussion. Additionally, a new idea has been introduced by a community member recently: Candidates resources. We would like to pursue these focus topics and the new idea appropriately, discussing them in depth and collecting new ideas and fresh approaches by running four panels in the next week.
Every panel includes four members from the movement covering many regions, backgrounds and experiences, along with a trustee of the Board. Every panel will last 45 minutes, followed by a 45-minute open mic discussion, where everyone’s free to ask questions or to contribute to the further development of the panel's topics.
The panels will take place between Friday, March 12, 6 pm UTC and Sunday, 14, 1 pm UTC. For detailed information on panelists, dates and times please check the panel pages linked below.
Topics and Panels time are:
- Skills for Board work - Friday, March 12, 18:00 UTC
- Support for candidates - Saturday, March 13, 13:30 UTC
- Board - Global Council - Hubs - Saturday, March 13, 16:00 UTC
- Regional diversity - Sunday, March 14, 13:00 UTC
We would appreciate your presence and your contribution to the topic panels. Please feel free to write down your questions and contributions on the appropriate topic's talk page in advance, panel moderators are glad to make them part of the discussion. Of course, you are invited to write in any language. The facilitation team will take care of translations as possible before the panel starts.
All participants agree to abide by the Friendly space policy for Wikimedia events.
How to join
- We will use Google Meet. Logged in and anonymous guests are accepted.
- We will share the link 15 minutes before the official start. If you can, join early.
During the meeting
- Please mute yourself when you are not speaking.
- If you want to ask a question, raise your hand and wait until your turn arrives.
- Keep your questions short and on the topic of the panel.
- Don’t worry about notifications of late arrivals requesting access. The organizers will approve them.
- The meetings will be recorded.
- Automatic captions will be enabled.
- Expect basic moderation for the turn of questions and muting noise.
- Expect quick moderation if anyone disrupts the room (the link is public, anyone can join)
- If there is interest, at the end of the panel team members will stay and keep the room open for continuing conversation.
- Due to technical limitations, we cannot offer live-streaming (we had to choose between automatic captions or live-streaming).
After the meeting
- On the following days, expect:
- Video recordings available on Commons and YouTube
- A report
- Full automatic transcript