Wikimedia Foundation Executive Director Transition Team/2013/Search firm selection
(sorry for the delay in publishing this, I was on vacation for two weeks, Jan-Bart)
After looking at several different search firms we have decided to employ m/Oppenheim Associates to help us with the ED search.
From their website:
We recruit outstanding nonprofit leaders using a best-in-class approach that benefits nonprofits strategically, operationally, programmatically and financially:
- We analyze the business challenges faced by nonprofit leaders with a thoroughness few other firms care to match. Our work is shaped around the values of nonprofit organizations and the needs of their constituents.
- Our process is structured, rigorous and transparent. Our networks among boards, staff, volunteers, and other nominators of prospective candidates are second to no other firm.
- We recruit business, nonprofit and public sector executives to our nonprofit clients, and we search beyond conventional answers. By exhaustively searching among alternative candidate profiles, we deliver leadership options that other processes do not even consider.
- We work at the intersection of strategy and leadership in a process that enables nonprofits and their boards to navigate complex transitions.
- With a deep understanding of the mission and operating environments of diverse nonprofits, we find leaders that deliver results.