The founding of the Wikimedia Macedonia is followed by the acomplishment of theese tasks:
- Ask for people who are interested in starting the chapter. Done
- Write statutes for Wikimedia Macedonia (in Macedonian and English). Done
- Meet in person to vote on the statutes. Done
- The first General Assembly, in Skopje. 28 February, 2009 mk:Википедија:Вики средба/2009/февруари
- Translate the final draft of the statutes into English 14 March, 2009 mk:Википедија:Вики средба/2009/март/14
- Present bylaws to the chapters committee for approval. 24 March, 2009
- Register in the Macedonian Central Registry. 1 February, 2010
- Obtain grants and money.
- Get control of the domain wikimedia.mk (Request must be sent to MARnet after official foundation)
- Design and promote projects to make Wikipedia more widely known in Macedonia.
The further discription of every of these tasks is shown bellow.
Done Ask for people who are interested in starting the chapter
First ideas for establishing Wikimedia local chapter in Macedonia were launched in 2006. On 25 December, 2009, on a Wikimeeting held in Skopje, three Wikimedians decided to gather a group, as an Initiative Board.
Done Write statutes for Wikimedia Macedonia
When we gathered 10 people (the minimum number), we decided to write the bylaws and to keep up with our intentions to include other interested people, as more as it's possible. The bylaws in Macedonian was finished at the beginning of March, and a week afterwards, the version in English.
Done The first General Assembly
The First General Assembly was held in Skopje, on 14 March, 2009 (started at 12:00 CEST). On the Assembly, the bylaws in Macedonian was presented, and the translation of the version in English has started. There also were released informations about the new members and the first collaborations with other organisations. It was also decided to make an application with the bylaws, and the current situation, and send it to the Chapters committee for approval.
Done Present bylaws to the chapters committee for approval
The application was made, and on 24 March, 2009, the bylaws was presented to the Chapters committee.
Done Register in the Macedonian Central Registry
The registration of the local chapter as NGO in the Macedonian Central Registry ended on 1 February, 2010.
Obtain grants and money
We have already our plans for future. Some projects are in discussion phase, and as most common sources of finances are seen the govermental institutions, and the other organizations, which have benefits of the goals of our projects.
Get control of the domain wikimedia.mk
Gaining control of the domain wikimedia.mk is so important, and the request will be sent at the end of September 2009.
Design and promote projects to make Wikipedia more widely known in Macedonia
This task doesn't reffer, just to Wikipedia, but also to all other Wikimedia projects.
- Wikimedia Macedonia/Статут (Macedonian)
- Wikimedia Macedonia/Statute (English)