Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hello, Wikimedia Norge members and other contributors, here's our newsletter with some info on what's happening in the upcoming weeks and months.
- Meet-up at Litteraturhuset, May 15th
- The introduction this evening is Silvija Seres¸who will talk about how the fourth industrial revolution changes business models, markets, how we work, and how we are. The meetup is free and open to everyone! Welcome! More info in the Facebook event.
- Dispersion of Retriever accesses, May 20th
- The accesses for Retriever will be dispersed again after May 20th. Sign up here if you're interested.
- Oslo Freedom Forum, May 28th
- Wikimedia Norge is participating in the Tech Lab during Oslo Freedom Forum with a full-day editathon. Do you want to join us? Get in touch with email@example.com. Lunch and travel expenses can be reimbursed. This is the invitation from the Human Rights Foundation, which organizes the Oslo Freedom Forum: As a member of Norway's Wikipedia community, you are invited to spend May 28 with hundreds of human rights activists and technologists at the 2018 Oslo Freedom Forum. Wikimedia will have an area inside the venue at Sentralen in downtown Oslo to encourage participants to edit various human-rights related entries in Norwegian, English, and other languages. A key goal will be to get the dissidents, activists, journalists, and netizen and OFF attendees from more than 50 countries to get involved in editing their own country's important pages, such as country page, leader (or dictator), top activists, and any key human rights or corruption issues. Working together, we can expose the crimes of corrupt governments while also shining a light on those who are working to make the world a better place.
- Bodil Biørn event at the National Archive, May 30th
- 200 photographies from Bodil Biørn's collection are kept at the National Archive. With support from the Arts Council, the National Archive is digitizing these photos, and Wikimedia Norge is transcribing them and making the content available in cooperation with Wikimedia Armenia. This afternoon we invite everyone to get more acquainted with Bodil Biørn and the National Archive's collections. More info in the Facebook event.
- Conferences and festivals
- The employees of Wikimedia Norge are participating in several conferences and festivals this summer to promote the Northern Sami Wikipedia. If you are going to any of them, we would love to get in touch! Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are part of the program at Celtic Knot in Wales and Wikimania in South Africa. We will also be present at the festivals Riddu Riđđu and Márkomeannu.