Hello, Wikimedia Norge members and other contributors, here is an overview of goings-on organized by Wikimedia Norge this spring.
- Wikipedia editing workshop in Trondheim
- Litteratur for inkludering are organizing a Wikipedia editing workshop at Litteraturhuset in Trondheim in cooperation with Wikimedia Norge on May 14th. The event is free and open to everyone. Welcome! Facebook event
- Travel scholarship for Wikimania
- The annual Wikimania conference, which is for anyone interested in the Wikimedia projects, will be held in Stockholm on August 14th–18th. Wikimedia Norge is offering travel scholarships of 3,000 NOK to volunteers who wish to go. You can apply for a scholarship by May 15th on this page.
- Retriever access
- Every six months Wikimedia Norge are disseminating 6 accesses for Retriever to active Wikipedia contributors. If you are interested in obtaining an access, please add yourself to the list of interested users on this page by May 20th.
- Wiki meetup in Oslo
- The next wiki meetup in Litteraturhuset will be on May 23rd. Wikimedia Norge has invited faktisk.no for a wiki meetup in Litteraturhuset to talk about fact-checking, and what fact-checkers think about Wikipedia as a project. The event is free and open to anyone. Welcome! Facebook event. Registration page on Wikipedia
Employees and volunteers from Wikimedia Norge will be present at the Oslo Freedom Forum (May 27th–28th), the Celtic Knot Conference in Cornwall (July 4th–5th), Riddu Riđđu (July 10th–14th) and Márkomeannu (July 25th–28th). Please get in touch with us if you are planning to attend any of these events!
2019 is the Year of Indigenous Languages, and Wikimedia Norge has received a grant of 140,000 NOK from UNESCO Norway for our work with Sami knowledge online.
Did you forget to pay your membership fees for 2019? You can always re-register on this page.