Holding of the First annual convention
WMPH had successfully completed its First Annual Convention last May 15, 2010 at the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila as prescribed by the By-laws. Details of the event can be viewed at the Manila 8 meetup page.
Tasks during and before the event are listed in the following table. Click on the "show" link to view all the tasks for the event.
|Task||Details||Date needed||Persons involved||Status|
|Find venue||Convention will be held at Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila||2010-05-09||Lee, Josh, Jojit||PLM has been secured as the final venue for the conference.|
|Arrange the venue||Arrangement of tables, chairs, audio systems etc. at the venue.||2010-05-15||No one committed||The place can accommodate 50 to 100 persons. Lee and his volunteers worked to arrange the venue.|
|Provide refreshments||During the break, there should be some refreshments.||2010-05-15||No one committed||Refreshment were served during the break.|
|Print name tags||Laminated name tags will be pre-printed and stickers for walk-ins.||2010-05-09||Jojit, Pao||Name tags were printed and distributed by Pao.|
|Print tarpaulin||Print tarpaulin for the event.||2010-05-09||Eugene||Did not materialize.|
|Print brochures||Brochures that will be given away to members.||2010-05-09||Pao||Brochure design presented in the mailing list for feedback. Master copy was printed and photocopied.|
|Provide laptop and printer||Printer for printing name tags etc. and laptop for typing the minutes and presentation.||2010-05-15||Jojit, Pao||Many members brought their laptops. Pao and Jojit's laptop were the main laptops used. Bringing of printer was scrapped.|
|Provide projector||Projector for the presentation.||2010-05-15||Lee||Unable to borrow a projector. Jojit attempted to borrow one from his religious organization but it didn't materialize.|
|Provide membership forms||Members should fill-out the membership form for future reference.||2010-05-09||Josh||Josh has the official membership forms. Forms have been printed and distributed.|
|Provide other supplies||Provide markers, pen, pencils, stickers, folders, A4 sized papers, yellow pad papers etc.||2010-05-09||Pao||Pao provided the supplies. No one committed for the other supplies.|
|Coordinate with people in the production and brief volunteers||Coordinate the people who will be in charge of production and brief all the volunteers for the event.||2010-05-15 (3 hrs before the event)||Lee, Pao||Anticipated the production supplies etc. and briefed volunteers|
|Communicate the event||Do announcements and dissimenate information regarding logistics etc. Confirm attendance and get commitments.||2010-05-05||Pao, Jojit||Announcements were made in WP:TAMBAY, Manila 8 page and through the WMPH mailing list.|
|Do a press release||Do a press release for the event||2010-05-09||Jojit||Did not materialize.|
|Document the event||Document the event through video camera, still camera, and through writing.||010-05-15||Pao, Jojit, Lee||Jojit & Lee brought their video and still cameras to document the event. The minutes of the meeting was done by Pao. He also brought a camera.|
|Create agenda||Agenda is in the By-laws. It can be expanded.||2010-05-09||Josh, Roel||The agenda is already indicated in the official notice. Josh prepared and delivered the President's report.|
|Moderate the event||Brief participants about the agenda and police the flow of the event.||2010-05-15||Josh||Josh moderated the event since he is the President.|
Submission of General Information Sheet
As a non-profit organization, WMPH is required to submit the General Information Sheet (GIS) to the Securities and Exchange Commission on a yearly basis. This year (2010), it should be submitted on or before June 14, 2010, which is within thirty (30) calendar days from the date of the Annual Convention.
Steps and status of filing
STATUS: Filed GIS to SEC on June 11, 2010
- Fill-out sheet - Completed form except for some missing information: Josh Lim's TIN and Jocelyn Alegre's complete address and TIN. Josh will get a one-time TIN at the BIR. We are still waiting for Mrs. Alegre's details. Deadline to complete form is on June 7, 2010.
- Print and certify sheet - Pao Barazon, WMPH Secretary, will print 5 copies of the form and sign it after details are complete. He should also indicate the date of signing and the place where the document was signed.
- Notarize the document - Jojit Ballesteros will take care of notarizing the GIS. He will schedule a meeting with Pao who will hand over the GIS. Target date of meetup with Pao will be on June 7-8, 2010 while target date of notarization will be on June 8-9, 2010.
- File the GIS to SEC - Jojit will file the GIS on June 8-9, 2010.
Opening a bank account
STATUS: Bank account was opened last August 17, 2010 at Bank of the Philippines - Ayala Paseo Branch
Details of the bank account can be found at the donations page.
Initially, the WMPH Board decided to open a savings account at Landbank of the Philippines. Roel Balingit, WMPH Treasurer, is tasked to open the bank account and collate all the bank requirements. The following table shows the things done to open the account at Landbank:
|Requirement||Where to get it or how to produce it||Treasurer will get it on or before||Status|
|Initial deposit requirement of P 20,000||All contributors will send their money to a temporary bank account number that will be announced by the Treasurer.||2010-06-15||Temporary bank account created.|
|Articles of Incorporation/By-Laws/Certificate of Registration||Jojit has the documents.||2010-05-27||Jojit has scanned the documents and sent it to Roel through email. Although, Roel is requesting to have a photocopy of the documents and send it through LBC.|
|Notarized board Resolution incorporating the following:
||Roel will provide and notarize this.||2010-06-16||Draft of the resolution was presented by Roel on previous emails.|
Target to open a bank account was June 23, 2010 but upon lengthy discussion by the Board of Trustees, it was moved to August and the bank was changed to Bank of the Philippine Islands.
Tasks done to open an account at BPI
- Collate required documents by Roel Balingit and Jojit Ballesteros:
- Articles of Incorporation
- Certificate of Registration
- Notarized Secretary's Certificate
- Application forms
- Specimen signatures of signatories: President, Vice President and Treasurer - verified by the Secretary
- Deposit P 10,000
- On August 17, 2010, signatories (Josh, Jojit and Roel) presented themselves at BPI-Ayala Paseo and open the account.
Setting up a virtual office
STATUS: Wikimedia Philippines' virtual office is located at Makati City with the following address:
- Benchmark, G/F Gervasia Center
- 152 Amorsolo Street
- Legaspi Village, Makati City 1229
Roel Balingit was tasked and secured the virtual office for a one-year lease from 2010-10-01 to 2011-10-01.
DSWD requirements for National Fund Raising Campaign
STATUS: Assigned to Joshua Lim.
Requirements can be found at the website of DSWD.
Acquiring official receipts
Ongoing... tasked to Roel Balingit
STATUS: Official receipt lay-out and design already finished and submitted to the printing company. Awaiting submission to the Bureau of Internal Revenue (RDO 47) of accomplished Form 1906 by the contracted printing company to commence receipt printing job. Serial 0001 to 1000 are to be printed, 50 receipts per booklet.
ISSUES: Books of account would have to be stamped prior to the approval of BIR Form 1906. In the interim, manual bookkeeping shall be used to already commence the production of official receipts, application of which must be submitted within 30 days from the date of registration. Thereafter, would apply for Loose Leaf Books of Accounts (Form 1900) to facilitate the use of a printed books of account, which shall be subject to BIR approval after fulfilling several requirements.
Register for taxes
Done. Accomplished by Roel Balingit.
STATUS: Registered with the Bureau of Internal Revenue (RDO 47 – East Makati) on 2011-08-19. Obtained Certificate of Registration (Form 2303) only after attending BIR seminar on 2011-09-09.
- Paid Annual Registration fee (Form 0605): ₱500.00
- Paid 2010 Income Tax Return (Form 1702): ₱5,000.00
- Paid Documentary Stamp Tax Declaration (Form 2000) resulting from office lease: ₱217.53
Getting Community Tax Certificate
STATUS: Tony Ahn volunteered to help on securing a barangay clearance.
Apply for a barangay clearance
Done. Accomplished by Roel Balingit.
Obtain mayor's permit
Done. Accomplished by Roel Balingit.
In the process of securing the Mayor's permit, other permits and licenses were also obtained:
- Sanitary Permit
- Fire Safety Inspection Certificate
- Locational Clearance
- Insurance (requirement to obtain the Locational Clearance)
- Evidence of Tax Exempt status, non-profit organization registration status or any non-profit organization certificate issued by a local Regulatory Body. — This can be in the form of a copy of an approval letter from a local authority, or certificate of official registration documentation with registration number that can be verified via government website.
- Link to confirm the organization’s registration status online. Link to government official website to verity that the organization has Tax Exempt Status.
- A voided check or bank statement for the account(s) registered on the PayPal account belongs to your organization.
- Letter of Authorization on official letterhead from the Charity/NPO, signed by an officer/director/trustee, to indicate the authorized person/s to manage all PayPal account related activities. The detailed requirements for the authorization letter are as follows:
- The letter needs to be printed on the organization's letterhead. The organization stamp (if available) should be added in the signature section.
- The named authorized person/s should be the main account holder/s and responsible for all PayPal account-related activities.
- The person signing the letter could be officeholder/bearer (e.g.Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Public Officer) and should be a different person than the nominated/authorized account holder/s.
- If the account holder is the sole owner of business (no other directors), he may act as the one signing the letter. The stamp of company is requested on the signature section.
- Please state the authorized person is act for and on behalf of the organization in handling all matters related to the management of its PayPal business account: Email Address. (Please include the specific email address of the managed PayPal account in the authorization letter)
- Proof of Identification — Photo ID of the authorized person/s (normally the account holder) and the person authorizing the Letter of Authorization (normally the person who signed the document) are both required. Examples of acceptable Photo ID include: Driver’s License, Passport, and National Identity Cards.
- Upload scanned documentation or print a fax cover sheet in the Resolution Center. The Resolution Center can be accessed by logging into your PayPal account.
- If faxing the information, please provide the requested information to 1-303-395-2862 ATTN: Compliance – Due Diligence. Please be sure to include your email address on the cover sheet of your fax or letter.
- If additional support to provide the necessary information, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind that our normal response time is between three and five business days.
- Doing... Merchant Application Form
- Doing... Proof of Valid ID: authorized rep stated in the Sec. Cert, MSA, MAF, MRF and contracts) Valid ID ( SSS, Driver’s License, Passport et al.)
- Done Business Permit
- Done Articles of Incorporation
- Done By Laws and SEC Registration
- Doing... Secretary’s Certificate (2 copies, notarized)
- Doing... Settlement Bank- Bank Account Details
- Done Bank Statement
- Done Latest Audited Financial Statements
- Done Income Tax Return (Company ITR)
- Not done Signed Terms and Conditions (MAF)
- Done Email Address(for sending of g-cash transaction reports ): email@example.com