Wikimedia Usergroup Nigeria, Abuja Network is a group of Abuja-based Wikimedians that contribute to the Wikimedia Usergroup Nigeria and WMF projects. The group is open to collaboration, knowlegde-sharing with individuals/groups that share same objectives. The group is an Arm of the Wikimedia Usergroup Nigeria.
- Oby Ezeilo Project Facilitator
- Wiki Lateef
- Shedy G
- Temmie tee3
- Talent 1993
- Aisha Faruk
- To encourage participants resident in Abuja to participate in the Wikimedia projects and create awareness about the Movement.
- To train volunteers on editing and content creation on the Wikimedia platform.
- To organize events to recruit new editors to get involved and encourage continuity by involving old members.
- To encourage editors to join WMF events.
- Encourage the spirit of teamwork, volunteerism, collaboration and network
WikiNaija Independence Edit-a-thon 2022
The first meet-up of the Wikimedia Abuja Network was on the 1st of October 2022 tagged WikiNaija Independence edit-a-thon aimed at enriching content that shows Natural heritage, festivals, notable individuals, and significant events in Nigeria. The participants were taught the processes involved in creating accounts, editing articles, adding citations/references, and generally navigating the Wikipedia platform. Participants were challenged to keep practicing their learning and editing on Wikipedia in a contest that lasted for one week. Here is the program and event dashboard for the Independence edit-a-thon. Event Dashboard
Wikidata 10th Anniversary
Kindly click here to read more on the Wikidata 10th Anniversary in Abuja.