Wikimedia chapters/Reports/Wikimedia Mexico/March 2014
- March 1
- First General Assembly of Wikimedia México civil association, held at Edificio Adolfo Sánchez Vázquez of the Facultad de Filosofía y Letras (Faculty of Philosophy and Literature) of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), Mexico City.
- March 3
- Talk about Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects by Iván Martínez in the Seminario de Humanidades Digitales of Red de Humanidades Digitales (RedHD). Edificio Adolfo Sánchez Vázquez of the Facultad de Filosofía y Letras (Faculty of Philosophy and Literature) of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), Mexico City.
- March 4
- Presentation meeting about Wikimedia Mexico to Biblioteca Vasconcelos staff.
- Talk about Wikipedia and Wikimedia by Iván Martínez at Escuela Nacional de Música (National School of Music) of UNAM.
- March 5
- Talk by Gustavo Sandoval Kingwergs about "A translation on the left: wikitranslators" (Círculo de Traductores/17, Instituto de Estudios Culturales/Centro Cultural de España en México). Centro Cultural de España en México, Ciudad de México.
- March 8
- Meeting with Hacker Garage and Zapopan Lab representatives in Guadalajara, Jalisco, to make possible alliances with Wikimedia México.
- March 14
- Official presentation of Mexico City's nomination for Wikimanía 2015
- March 20
- Meeting with the Meetropers community in Guadalajara, state of Jalisco, and preparation for Campus Party 2014.
- March 22
- Editathon in Reynosa, state of Tamaulipas, to celebrate the 265th anniversary of the foundation of the city of Reynosa, jointly with the municipality's government.
- March 27
- Talk "Wikimedia, technology and free knowledge" by Omar Sandoval during the Simposio Internacional de Ingeniería, Sistemas y Tecnología (International Symposium on Engineering, Systems and Technology) "AXIS 2014". Hermosillo, state of Sonora.
- March 28
- Talk "What did humanity do to have a free encyclopedia?", by Christian Cariño at the Centro Universitario de Economía y Ciencias Administrativas (University Center of Economy and Administration Sciences) of the Universidad de Guadalajara. Zapopan, state of Jalisco.
- March 29
- Wikipedia monthly workshop at Telmex Hub, Mexico City.
- Reynosa's City Hall donation of historical photos event with the presence of Iván Martínez, president of the chapter, and José Elías, president of Reynosa's City Hall.
- March 31
- Wikipedia edition workshop by Nohemí Chilpa at Autonomous Metropolitan University Campus Iztapalapa (UAM-I) during the Semana de Talleres (Week of Workshops) of UAM Iztapalapa Computer Sciences Chapter (CEUAMI). Mexico City.
- During March
- Wikimania 2015 bid for Mexico City: planning, research, meetings, write and translations.
- Development of a new management and project management protocol for the chapter
- Development of a content strategy for the wikimedia.mx website and for the chapter's social networks
- Translation into Spanish of the contents of Wikimedia Foundation social media channels.
- Diffusion tasks during Migrahack, a hack-a-thon to tell stories about migrations with open data.
Wikimania 2015 bid
After at least six months of work about research, planning and meetings among with the WMF staff, Wikimedia Mexico presents its bid for host Wikimania in Mexico City. The bid was leaded by Iván Martínez and conduced by Carmen Alcázar, Christian Cariño, Andrés Cruz y Corro and Omar Sandoval. In March 21th, the staff of Wikimedia Mexico had an evaluation meeting with the Judging Committee.
Reynosa's City Hall donation of historical photos
Reynosa is a border city of Mexico, located in the state of Tamaulipas, and neighbor of McAllen, Texas. Reynosa's City Hall performs some Wikimedia events to commemorate the 265th anniversary of the foundation of the city. First, performing the "Wiki Reynosa" photo contest during the month of March. An edit-a-thon was organized on March 22, and then, on March 29, the City Hall performs an official event to donate historical photos of Reynosa to Wikimedia Commons from the City Hall archives.