Wikimedia chapters/Reports/Wikimedia Mexico/May 2014
- May 2
Talks by Correogsk about Wikipedia at two self-managed public high schools in Chicoloapan, State of Mexico: high school number 55 and high school "Próceres de la Educación". See, here, a brief review by Adrián Vergara, a local chronicler who assisted us; some images and opinions of some of the students are also included. These talks are some of the activities included in the Latin-American Festival for the Installation of Free Software (FLISOL).
- May 6
Interview for Wikinoticias and presentation of Wikimania before the head of the Government of the Federal District, Miguel Ángel Mancera. ProtoplasmaKid and Wotancito attended the Government's office.
- May 13
- ProtoplasmaKid meets the authorities of the Institute of High School Education of the Government of Mexico City in Iztacalco to talk about their interest in joining Wikimedia México's Wikipedia Education Program.
- Wikimania 2015 staff work meeting at Jardín de Innovación, Mexico City.
- May 14
- ProtoplasmaKid meets the authorities of the Laboratorio para la Ciudad (Lab for the City) of the Government of the Federal District to talk about Wikimania 2015.
- May 15
- Wikimania 2015 staff meets Biblioteca Vasconcelos' staff.
- May 16
- ProtoplasmaKid participates in the ceremony to celebrate the Internet Day in Mexico City, invited by Laboratorio para la Ciudad of the Government of the Federal District.
- May 17
ProtoplasmaKid talks during the Latin-American Festival for the Installation of Free Software (FLISOL) at National Polytechnic Institute's Escuela Superior de Cómputo (ESCOM, School of Computer Science).
- May 18
- Wikimedia México's board's monthly meeting
- Wikimania 2015 staff work meeting
- First meeting of volunteers for Wikimania 2015. Vasconcelos Library, Mexico City.
- May 22
- Presentation of the Report of Semester 2013-2 of the Wikipedia Education Program at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)'s Faculty of Higher Studies Aragón (FES Aragón).
- May 23
- Talk by ProtoplasmaKid at the Second Meeting of Digital Humanities, organized by Red de Humanidades Digitales (Digital Humanities Network), UNAM's Faculty of Philosophy and Literature (FFyL) and Biblioteca Vasconcelos.
- May 27
- Participation of alanlzd at Cumbre del Buen Conocer (Well Knowing Summit) in Quito, Ecuador, organized by FLOK Society.
- May 31
- Wikipedia Monthly Workshop at Telmex Hub.
- During May
- Meetings and activities related to Wikimania 2015.
First meeting of volunteers for Wikimania 2015
The Mexican chapter had its first meeting of volunteers for Wikimania 2015, the Wikimedia movement international conference which is to be held next year at Vasconcelos Library in Mexico City. The meeting was held at the same place where the conference will take place. 32 persons attended. A general presentation was offered, then the general coordinations and their specific tasks were described.
Wikimania 2015 announcement on the Internet Day
Past May 16 ProtoplasmaKid, president of Wikimedia Mexico, was invited by the Laboratory for the City of Mexico to preside over the Internet Day in Mexico City. The ceremony took place after an inauguration of a Telmex Digital Classroom at the Centro de Transferencia a Menores of Procuraduría General de la República (Center for Minor Transfer of the Attorney General's Office of Mexico City). By request of the city authorities, ProtoplasmaKid made a speech focused on social participation and collaborative phenomenon behind Wikipedia. This message was written by Salvador_alc. The mayor of Mexico City, Miguel Ángel Mancera, formally announced the realization of Wikimania 2015 in Mexico City and expressed his approval.
- => Watch the video.