This is the Chapter report for Wikimedia Nederland for October 2012
- Frans Grijzenhout and Maarten Dammers represented Wikimedia Nederland during the official launch of Rijksstudio. Rijksstudio is a new application from the Rijksmuseum. A large part of the collection of the Rijksmuseum is now digitalized in high resolution. Rijksstudio provides visitors with an up-to-date toolset for viewing and working with images. Arrangements were made to start discussions between WMNL, wikipedia volunteers and the staff of the Rijksmuseum.
- Wikimedia Deutschland agreed to contribute to the Dutch CoSyne project.
- A group of volunteers made the necessary arrangements for a small Dutch hackathon to be held on November 10.
Press and outreach
- Wiki Loves Monuments 2011 has been officially recognized as the largest photo-contest in the world by the Guinness World Records organization. More than 5.000 volunteers uploaded 168,208 photo's from monuments for further use in Wikipedia.
Board and Staff
- Two new employees started on October 1. We were satisfied with their achievements during the one month trial period and we decided to continue employment.
- Preparations for the sixth annual Wikimedia Conferentie Nederland, to be held on November 9th. At the beginning of October the program was finished (with special thanks to our volunteers). This month we made the necessary organizational arrangements and started with the PR for the event. At the end of the conference the winners of the Wiki-Loves Monuments NL competition will be announced and rewarded.
- On Wikizaterdag October 27 the GLAM working group have been together in our Utrecht office. Board member Sandra Fauconnier organized a brainstorm session in order to explore the possibilities of working together with the Koninklijke biliotheek / Rijksarchief (National Library / National Archive). Lots of new ideas sprung up and we will meet the KB/NA representatives in November.
- Wikimedia Conferentie Nederland, november