Wikimedia chapters/Reports/Wikimedia Nederland/201212
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the Chapter report for Wikimedia Nederland for December 2012
- Board member Frans Grijzenhout issued a memorandum about the future of CoSyne.
- User:Multichill has started batch uploading about half a million images from the Rijksdienst voor het Cultureel Erfgoed (RCE).
Board and Staff
- We started the search for a new, fourth employee, a project manager GLAM.
- A special edition of our email-newsletter was sent out to contributors. The mailing resulted in 5 new members.
- On December 22 the last WikiZaterdag was held, gathering active members for the last time in the year 2012. WikiZaterdag is a bi-weekly open-office event. Thanks to our member Lodewijk Gelauff this event was organized 20 times in 2012. All together there were more than 100 visitors. The events are used to discuss various topics, preparation for events such as Wiki Loves Monuments and discuss and work together on wikipedia articles, f.e. the Teylers project. The December meeting also marked the 're-opening' of the refurbische WMNL offices, which now can provide volunteers with a venue for project meetings and a workspace.
- WMNL Director Sandra Rientjes met with a representative of Erfgoed Lab (Heritage Lab) to discuss possible cooperation on heritage projects.
- WMNL staff member Sindy Meijer organised a meeting with a lecturer in communications from her former college. As a result, WMNL volunteers will be offered a free training session on communication and presentation skills.
- January 19, 2013: New Year's reception for Wikimedia members and Wikipedia fans in the University Museum Amsterdam.
- January 9. Opening of an exhibition of local, national and international prize-winning photographs from the Wiki Loves Monuments competition in Gouda Town Hall.