Wikimedia user groups/Applications/Wikimedia Brazilian Group of Education and Research
Proposed name of Wikimedia user group: (There are some templates at Step-by-step user group creation guide#Naming of user groups.)
- Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research
Proposed scope of Wikimedia user group: (What is the planned purpose, scope, vision, or mission of this Wikimedia user group?)
- The Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research is a group conceived with the participation of teachers, researchers and employees of several national institutions that participate in the Education Program of Wikimedia in Brazil. This group aims to integrate the academic community to the Wikimedia movement, creating a more friendly and responsive environment for the development of projects, research, contests, events and other activities.
1. Who are the people behind this application?
- 1a. Members and endorsements
- Rodrigo Padula (talk) 19:54, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
- Jayme Ayres (talk) 20:15, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
- Crang115 (talk) 20:32, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
- Zoldyick (talk) 03:11, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
- Lucimeri Ricas Dias (talk) 09:50, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
- GoncalvesMarcio (talk) 16:35, 12 March 2015 (UTC) Marcio Gonçalves
- --Ліонкінг (talk) 12:17, 12 March 2015 (UTC) (WM UA). We have discussed about organization of common Ukrainian-Portuguese thematic week.
- Cicero Moraes (talk) 14:18, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
- Fernanda Rabelo 19:33, 15 March 2015 (UTC)
- Paulo Francisco Slomp (talk) 23:20, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
- Linanakata (talk) 03:31, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
- 1b. Active in which Wikimedia projects, if any?
- pt.wikipedia and commons
- 1c. How are they geographically distributed?
- We received endorsements from many Brazilian states with more concentration in Minas Gerais, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Rio Grande do Sul
- 1d. Do you have any highly active or prominent (on local or international level) Wikimedians / Wikipedians? If so, please name a few. (provide user names and wiki of origin)
- We have many very active contributors as you can see on our endorsements page
- 1e. How many people do you expect will eventually want to join?
- Initially at least 15 of the 25 that endorsed the group
2. For the application and final agreement we will require two contact persons that can sign the Wikimedia User Group Agreement on behalf of the group. Who will those be? (please provide user names and wiki of origin) Please also include email addresses for these users either on this page or in your initial email to the Affiliations Committee (AffComlists.wikimedia.org).
- Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira - pt.wikipedia - rodrigopadula AT gmail.com
- Pedro Napolitano Mendes - admin at pt.wikipedia -
3. Please give a short summary of your time path from the founding up to now.
4. Which geographical area and context do you cover (or plan to cover) with your entity?
- All the Brazilian states
5. Have there been any activities/meetings etc. of this group of people? If yes, please briefly describe some examples. This is not a requirement, just helpful information.
- We had many conversations through facebook, discussion pages, hangouts and local meetings with some people from Rio de Janeiro
6. Do you keep any monthly/half-yearly/yearly reports of you activities? If yes, please provide links. This is not a requirement, just helpful information.
- You can see some activities here
7. What kind of activities are planned for the future in the user group?
- Organize a group of educators, developers and researchers with the National Wikimedia movement;
- Engage the national academic community in Wikimedia projects seeking greater recognition, validation and improvement of its contents;
- Cooperate with the development of a more open and participatory community in the Wikimedia projects in Portuguese;
- Develop research and extension projects in partnership with universities and partner institutions;
- Create GLAM projects aimed at incorporating more content to the Wikimedia projects;
- Promote competitions and cultural activities;
- Promote cultural exchange nationally and internationally;
- Get closer to the Lusophone and Latin American community specifically through the Iberocoop group.
- Hold presential meetings and encourage participation in national and international events;
- Develop cooperative agreements with chapters and groups from other countries;
- Participate in discussions and stimulate the adoption of Wikimedia projects such as public policy for the use of technology as a tool to support learning, development and knowledge sharing;
- Identify, collect and generate scientific publications on the educational use of Wikimedia projects.
8. Is you entity already legally registered? Do you intend on becoming a legally registered entity in the next thirteen months? Please note that we do not require or encourage user groups to legally incorporate or register.
- No, by now we are only thinking to DO activities here in Brasil.
9. Do you have a bylaws for you entity? If yes, have the bylaws been reviewed by a lawyer/specialist? Please note that we do not require or encourage user groups to write bylaws.
10. How can the Affiliations Committee and the Wikimedia Foundation help your group?
- Initially, recognizing it to help us to promote activities and create local partnerships.
- Submitted: Rodrigo Padula (talk) 18:23, 11 February 2015 (UTC)
- Acknowledged: Varnent (talk)(COI) 18:32, 14 February 2015 (UTC)