Nepali (नेपाली) is an Indo-Aryan language. It is native to Nepal. It is written with the Devanagari script. Spoken by nearly 28 million people as a Lingua Franca and it is the National Language of Nepal. More than the equal number people speak Nepali outside Nepal. It is one of the official languages in India. Despite, Nepali is spoken in many states in India, Bhutan, and Myanmar as their mother tongue. Nepali speaking people are spread all around the world.
There are altogether 123 language alive in Nepal among them the following languages have pages in Wikipedia.
The following are in Incubation
(These languages of Nepal are in process of incubating Wikipedia pages)
- Tamang (taj)Tamang Wikipedia in Incubation
- Limbu (lif) Limbu Wikipedia in Incubation
- Sherpa (xsr) Sherpa Wikipedia in Incubation
- Tharu (thl) Tharu Wikipedia in Incubation
- Awadhi (awa) Awadhi Wikipedia in Incubation
- Gurung (gvr) Gurung Wikipedia in Incubation
- Lepcha (lep) Lepcha Wikipedia in Incubation
- Gorkha Bhasa (go)Gorkha Bhasa Wikipedia in Incubation
- Magar (mgp) Magar Bhasa Wikipedia in Incubation
- Marwari (mwr) Marwari Wikipedia in Incubation
Nepali Wikimedia Projects in Nepali
Following Wikimedia Projects are available in Nepali:
|Wikipedia||नेपाली विकिपीडिया (Nepali Wikipedia)||http://ne.wikipedia.org/wiki/मुख्य_पृष्ठ|
|Wikibooks||विकी पुस्तक (Wiki Pustak)||http://ne.wikibooks.org/wiki/मुख्य_पृष्ठ|
Nepali Wikipedia is the biggest wiki community in Nepali Language and the most active wiki among all the Wikimedia Projects in Nepali. As of April 2017 Nepali Wikipedia has over 30,297 articles and 608,150 edits. There are 32,226 registered users among them approximately 91 are active.
Other Projects in Nepali
Other than Wikipedia Wiktionary and Wikibooks projects are available in Nepali language.