Wikimedians of Nepal/Wiki Events 2015 in Nepal
Wiki Events 2015 is a bunch of online/offline events organized by Wikimedians of Nepal during the year 2015.
- Wiki Loves Earth 2015 contest is a photography contest of Natural Heritage held in Nepal for the second time. This contest was on for the entire May and June of 2015.
- 1st May 2015 to 31 June 2015
We updated and managed List of Natural Heritage Sites of Nepal to upload. Total 2,461 photos were uploaded during the campaign. In May, 1737 photos were uploaded by 213 contributors (including 171 new contributor registered after 30 April 2015) and in June more than 724 picture were uploaded.
- Wiki Loves Monuments Nepal 2015 contest is a photography contest of Cultural Heritage held in Nepal for the third time. This contest runs for whole month of September.
- September 1 to September 30th.
- 1532 photos were uploaded by 107 contributors
- Numbers of qualitative and valued images were uploaded during the campaign.
Data-a-thon is an online Wikipedia editing competition which is organized in order to link the as much as data of Nepali Wikipedia with wiki data which is the repository that provides link to the wiki contents. This program is going to be held during the whole month of April 2015 and this is the first edition of data-a-thon program.
- 30 days (1st April 2015 to 30th April 2015)
- 15000+ Contributions to wikidata including statements, descriptions and labels and site links
- Wikidata Taskforce from top 5 contributors
- Resonator localized in Nepali language
- knowledge about Wikidata in the community
A month long fresh/new article writing competition to thank the world. The main aim of the competition is about create new article about UNESCO World Heritage Sites from the world.
- June 15, 2015 - July 15, 2015
- Created 400+ Articles during the competition
- 90+ Registered Contributor
- To increase the participation in Nepali Wikipedia and its various chapters.
- To extends the Heritages related article in Nepali Wikipedia.
- To expand the numerous Heritages related stubs articles to a complete formatted wikipedia article.
Wiki-a-thon 2015 is an in-house editathon competition planned to organize by Wikimedians of Nepal during the biggest festival of Nepal Dashain and Tihar to acquire the youth participation in the creative works rather than gambling and bad practices.
- October 1, 2015 - October 30th, 2015
- 300+ new articles were created during the competition
- 2000+ edits
- Rise of new active users
An editing competition that planned to organize by Wikimedians of Nepal with the aim to creating awareness about gender related issues and value the being of women .
- (8th February, 2016 to 8th March, 2016)
- 428 women related articles created or improved
- Engaged 26 participants
- Online and offline article writing competition organized