Wikimedians of Turkic Languages User Group/Meetings/2020/March
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Protocol of the regular meeting of Wikimedians of Turkic Languages User Group for March 28, 2020.
- Setting dates for future meetings
- Turkic Marathon
- Adoption of a new official logo for the User Group
- Registration of the official account for the user group in social networks. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Blocking an active participant of Wikimedia projects – Frhdkazan on Tatar Wikipedia.
Notes from meeting
- With the proposal of HakanIST, the meeting participants decided to hold regular online meetings every two months. The meeting will discuss all issues related to the activities of the UG, as well as other issues that potentially have a connection with the UG or Wikimedia.
- It was decided to hold Turkic Marathon in May, before that all conditions will be created. Preparatory work will be intensively held in April. We need to find out how many Wikipedias will participate in the Marathon, who will be the Wikipedia coordinators, what format the Marathon will be and what prizes to assign for the winners.
- Several options were suggested for the logo, but it was decided to create and propose for a general vote more logo variants for the official UG logo.
- It was decided to create an account for the UG on three social platforms: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Mehman97 will manage the Facebook account, Twitter account will be managed by Mohsen and Yalin, and Eldarado will manage the Instagram account.
- The meeting participants were informed of the blocking of Frhdkazan in the Tatar Wikipedia. (Part of the conversation is kept confidential)