Wikimedians of Turkic Languages User Group/Meetings/2021/February
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Protocol of the regular meeting of Wikimedians of Turkic Languages User Group for February 13, 2021.
- Group report.
- Turkic Marathon 2021.
- WMF Call for feedback: Community Board seats
- Online conference for Turkic Community
Notes from meeting
- The 2020 report from the UG will be ready by March. The report will provide information on what the group did in 2020.
- The next Turkic Marathon will take place in July 2021. By mid-March, a common marathon page on the Meta-Wiki will be prepared, where by the end of March communities must register their willingness to participate in marathon, so that the organizing team will prepare a budget for them. By April 15, a request for funding from the Wikimedia Foundation will be submitted, through a rapid grant.
- At the meeting, those present were provided with a short story about the "WMF Call for feedback: Community Board seats" process, which actively began last year, and why this whole process is needed. Detailed information was provided on the changes made to the WMF bylaws and on the call for feedback process, which began on 1 February. Discussed the proposals for future elections that were proposed by the Board, and also discussed the proposals made by representatives from the communities. Specific positions were not recorded for each proposal, but it was noted that communities, and more specifically regional and local affiliations, should be given the opportunity to represent and vote for candidates. Everyone was called upon if they have a suggestion or any comments on this process, let them contact the regional facilitator. Agreed to discuss further issues at other meetings.
- The issue of holding an online conference for the Turkic community by the end of May this year was discussed. Agreed to prepare materials and resources for this.