Wikimedians of the Uzbek Language User Group|
The Wikimedians of the Uzbek Language User Group (uz: Oʻzbek tilida soʻzlashuvchi vikimediachilar foydalanuvchi guruhi / Ўзбек тилида сўзлашувчи викимедиачилар фойдаланувчи гуруҳи) is a regional user group representing all Wikimedians who speak the Uzbek language, a Turkic language spoken in Uzbekistan and elsewhere in Central Asia. The group aims to enrich Wikimedia projects in the Uzbek language, particularly the Uzbek Wikipedia and Uzbek Wiktionary. As a regional user group, it serves to encourage Wikimedians in Central Asia and elsewhere to get to know each other, as well as foster support for events in the region.
- To enrich Wikimedia projects in the Uzbek language by organizing Wikimedia-related events such as group discussions and edit-a-thons
- To increase public awareness about Wikimedia projects in Uzbek by organizing edit-a-thons and publishing articles on Uzbek-language media
- To collaborate with other Wikimedia communities as well as other individuals and groups to promote Wikimedia projects in the Central Asian Region
Members of the Wikimedians of the Uzbek Language User Group hold an e-meetup
Members of the user group plan to implement the following activities:
- Regular (e)-meetings (in particular, online meetups on the 17th of each month)
- Regular updates on social media pages
Planned activities in 2020
Planned activities in 2021
- Meet-up in Tashkent (tentatively July 17, 2021)
- Set up and run Wiki Loves Caucasus 2021 at the local level within the Uzbek language community (October 1-31, 2021; page on the Uzbek Wikipedia)
- Set up and run Wikipedia Asian Month 2021 at the local level within the Uzbek language community (November 1-30, 2021; page on the Uzbek Wikipedia)
- Set up and run Book Month 2021 on the Uzbek Wikipedia (December 1-31, 2021; page on the Uzbek Wikipedia)
A group of contributors to the Uzbek Wikipedia have been discussing establishing a user group of Uzbek speakers since 2018, when the Wikimedians of Uzbekistan Community was closed. The previous group was aimed primarily at Wikimedians living in Uzbekistan and was largely inactive throughout its short existence. The new group, on the other hand, is much broader in scope and brings together dedicated Wikimedians with decades of editing experience in between them. The first meeting of the new group was held over Zoom on May 17, 2020. Shortly after holding a second online meeting on September 17, 2020, the group members applied to the WMF Affiliations Committee for recognition.
Contact people for the WMF
- User Gorup
- Telegram Group of the Wikimedians of the Uzbek language User Group: t.me/woulug
- Uzbek Wikipedia
Add your name, location and languages you speak in the collaborators section below if you are interested in participating.
- Nataev; Kyrgyzstan; English, Kyrgyz, Russian, Turkish, and Uzbek.
- Asadbek Botirqulov; Uzbekistan; English, Uzbek, Turkish, Turkmen, and Karakalpak.
- Xusinboy Bekchanov; Uzbekistan; English, Russian, Uzbek, and Turkish.
- Umarxon III; Uzbekistan; English, Russian, and Uzbek.
- Jamshid Nurkulov; Uzbekistan; Russian, Turkish, and Uzbek.
- Kagansky; Uzbekistan; Uzbek and Russian.
- Malikxan; Uzbekistan; English and Uzbek.
- Muxriddin Azimov; Uzbekistan; English, Russian, and Uzbek.
- PlanespotterA320; USA; English, basic understanding of written Russian and Uzbek
- Vikichizar; Uzbekistan; Uzbek.
- ITPRO.UZ; Uzbekistan; Uzbek, Russian and English.
- Nataeva; Kyrgyzstan; English, Kyrgyz, Russian, and Uzbek.
- Javlon; Uzbekistan; Uzbek, English.