Wikipedian in residence at DARM, GLAM Macedonia, Diary
This page will serve as a diary for WiR's work. All uploaded files are in this category: Wikipedian_in_Residence_at_DARM_2017
- Useful page: Public holidays in Macedonia
24 November 2017
- I organized successful edit-a-thon with GLAM Macedonia members and DARM employees. As result: 11 new articles were created and 6 Wikipedians participated.
- On outreach
16 November 2017
- With the help of GLAM Macedonia members, DARM Challenge 3 is open.
- According to the guidelines from the GLAM Macedonia Board, I gave some of the scanned materials to volunteers for uploading on Commons.
9 November 2017
- Looking for books and materials with the help of historians who are employees in the Archives.
1 November 2017
- I spent this days organizing the next Wiki Tour in the Archives.
26 October 2017
- Working with other Wikipedians in order to find out gap in the themes, for next edit-a-thon.
16 October 2017
- Uploaded: 234 files
2 October 2017
Wiki Tour for Wiki Club members was held successfully on October 10, 2017.
25 September 2017
- Note: I had a problem with the program to create PDF files. With a little help of GLAM Macedonia members, the problem is solved.
- Uploaded 203 files.
18 September 2017
I had several meetings with the officials in DARM in order to organize Wiki Tour for Wiki Club members. Everything is set, we need to determine the date only.
9 September 2017
- Uploaded 162 files, or 261 pages in total.
21 August 2017
- Workshop with several Archive employees, three new users are registered: Bibate, Lovely.mk, Froki155.
- As it was planned the edit-a-thon was held with employees and GLAM Macedonia members.
- participants - 6
- created articles - 10
7 August 2017
- Uploaded 160 files in total.
31 July 2017
- Preparing materials for upcoming edit-a-thon planed to hold at the end of August, with the employees and GLAM Macedonia members.
24 July 2017
- I had a technical problem with the scanner. Took me several days to fix it.
17 July 2017
- Digging materials in the Archive, trying to find content gap to add on Wikipedia and Commons.
10 July 2017
- I held workshop for employees about how to upload photos on commons. The most difficult part in the workshop was categorizing the photos.
- Uploaded: 132 files in total
3 July 2017
- I was not able to hold edit-a-thon because of changes of management and employees had another activities, about their daily duties.
26 June 2017
- Uploaded: 68 files in total
- I discussed with employees about finding place and for our first edit-a-thon and what theme should be worked.
19 June 2017
- Uploaded: 40 files in total
12 June 2017
- Started with digitization of documents.
- I spent time with employees who are already introduced to Wikipedia, in order to organize them for the first edit-a-thon.
9 June 2017
- The first day as a Wikipedian in Residence at DARM I made a plan of work with employees who will help in my work.