Wikiproject:COVID-19 in Indic languages
|Wikiproject:Covid-19 in Indic languages|
Wikiproject COVID-19 in Indian languages is a Meta-Wiki project dedicated to co-ordinate efforts to coverage about SARS-CoV-2 virus, the COVID-19 disease, and the 2019–20 COVID-19 pandemic in Indian language Wikipedias.
Objectives of the project include:
- Listing out and prioritising articles about Covid-19 and ongoing pandemic that can either be created or improved.
- Co-ordinating efforts to create, share, and localise materials and media needed to improve the articles.
- Supporting quality improvement and assessment effort in Covid-19 pages. Encouraging community members who are contributing in this regard.
- Collaboration with Wikidata task force to set up guidelines to follow in order to automate updation of numbers (like Number of cases, deaths, etc.,) in several articles.
- Collaboration with Wikigraphists to localise several graphs, images, etc., and making use of them in relevant articles.
- Collaboration with Translation task force that would create short form articles that will in-turn accelerating translations.
- Hosting multiple sessions (IRCs, Webinars, etc.,) for collaboration, learning, and also for camaraderie and love in community that is required in current situation.
- Periodical assessment of project outcomes, impact which result in establishing best practices and improvement of the project methods.
Sign up from here and add your community name in brackets:
- User:Pavan santhosh.s (Telugu Wikipedia)
- User:Yethrosh (Urdu Wikipedia)
- Suyash Dwivedi (commons,hi)
- Satdeep Gill (Punjabi Wikipedia)
- Jagseer S Sidhu (Punjabi Wikipedia)
- Meenakshi nandhini (Malayalam Wikipedia)
- Netha Hussain (en-wiki and occasionally ml)
- Vijayan Rajapuram (Malayalam Wikipedia)
List out if your community has a wiki project dedicated to improve Covid-19 content.
- Telugu - WikiProject Covid-19 in Telugu
- Local coordinator: User:Pavan santhosh.s
- Urdu - WikiProject Covid-19 in Urdu
- Local coordinator:
- Punjabi - WikiProject Covid-19 in Punjabi
- Malayalam - WikiProject Covid-19 in Malayalam
- Local coordinator: User:Meenakshi nandhini
- Your wiki - WikiProject Covid-19 in your wiki
- Local coordinator:
List of articles and their priority status. When you are adding articles here please make sure that you add either Existing, improved, or New in brackets which will help to assess outcomes of the project.
- High-Priority articles varied based on language-Wikipedia
Regarding articles related to following category, please prioritise based on your language Wikipedia, although some of these articles appear in mid-priority section:
Quality assessment can be done in peer review process where one of the editors who has good experience and interest in the project will take up the review and assess the article based on some basic criteria. We would like to suggest a list of criteria which can be taken up by individual language projects but also can be further improved with more criteria:
- Language and style
- Logic behind the criteria: Translated articles, especially when they are dealing with science and technology, can face issues with the artificial language. Especially, in the context of Content translation tool being equipped with machine translation tools (like Google translation), this is becoming even more significant problem.
- Broken templates and missing references
- Logic behind the criteria: Missing references or broken reference can be another problem as in most of the case articles are not translated completely. Several templates that are used in English may not be there in particular language Wikipedia which also need to be fixed.
- Wrongly translated phrases
- Logic behind the criteria: Especially with the technical content this should be looked carefully.
- This article needs to be updated in English Wikipedia by 19 April. Please be mindful about it while translating this. Please remove this tag if article gets updated.
- This article is under quality in English Wikipedia by 19 April. Please be mindful about it while translating this. Please remove this tag if article gets improved by class change