Wikisource Community User Group/March 2017 Hangout
Jump to navigation Jump to search
To talk about various Wikisource things, such as:
- What do we want to build or achieve together over the next 15 years?
- IA Upload failures
- Add thing here
Notes will be recorded on an etherpad.
- Sam Wilson
- Yann Forget
- Thomas Tanon
- Some files failing: too big for upload to Commons; too big to merge XML; sometimes new users are blocked by the abusefilter.
- Fix for out-of-memory error: merge OCR into individual pages before merging into single DjVu file?
- All failed items should be logged in Phabricator so they can be followed up.
Google Summer of Code: Wikisource project
Yann will be mentoring 3 students this year. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T128840
- T67231: Search on Special:IndexPages with OR and incategory does not work
- T128298: Wikisource index lists are incomplete
- T153120: Convert Index: Pages editing form to OOjsUI
- T51482: Create auto-validate privilege
- T146160: Migrate ProofreadPage zoom feature to OOJS
- T153124: Load a higher resolution scan image when zooming in
Future improvements to ProofreadPage
- Use Wikibase on Wikisource to store (local) metadata? This must wait till structure data on Commons.
- Some Wikisources rely on having a single item for linking between Wikisource and Wikipedia etc., but this structure is not the way of the future.
- Better to use P629 ('edition or translation of') and display interproject links based on the edition, or the work, or (and this is currently not simple) even traversing back down a level again with P629 and getting all other edition sitelinks.
- Sunday, April 30, 1200UTC (unless anyone wants to suggest a better time?)