Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This page is currently a draft. More information pertaining to this may be available on the talk page.
Translation admins: Normally, drafts should not be marked for translation.
- Aggregate site statistics
- total numbers for site traffic, within a defined time period. The aggregate can be projects like Wikipedia or even languages.
- Segmented site statistics
- numbers for a filtered subset of the site traffic, within a defined time period. The filtering can be on user types or request methods.
- Individual site statistics
- numbers for a single visitor on the site, within a defined time period. Note; Wikimedia does not track individual visitors.
Building Block Terms
- a defined unit, usually a single wikipage with content.
- Page views
- the number of times a page or some other defined unit was viewed. If no further action are done on the site within a time period, the #visit session will terminate.
- is an interaction with a website consisting of one or more requests for a page or other content. If no other action on the site within a time period, the #session will terminate.
- Unique visitors
- the number of inferred #individuals, filtered for spiders and robots, within a given timeframe, with activity consisting of #visits to the site. Each visitor is counted only once in the metric for the reporting period.
- New visitor
- the number of #unique visitors with activity including a first-ever #visit to a site during a reporting period.
- Repeat visitor
- Return visitor
- Entry page
- Landing page
- Exit page
- Visit duration
- Internal referrer
- External referrer
- Search referrer
- Visit referrer
- Original referrer
- Click-through rate/ratio
- Page views per visit
- Page exit ratio
- is the number of exits from a page divided by total number of page views of that particular page.
- Single-page visits
- that consist of one page regardless of the number of page impressions.
- Single page view
- Visits (bounces)
- that consist of one single page view.
- Bounce rate
- the single page view visits divided by entry page view visits.
- any logged or recorded action that has a specific date-time assigned by either the client or server.
- a visitor completing a target action. Not to be confused by user conversion in Wikimedia projects.
- Web Analytics Association: Web Analytics Definitions  (9/22/2008) (CC-by-sa-nc-nd 3.0)