Wikivoyage holds monthly summits, where ambassadors from each language version can come together to report and discuss interesting news in their communities with the broader Wikivoyage community. The goal is to promote interlingual coordination and cooperation, and to more generally foster a spirit of cross-wiki community and shared endeavor.
Reports should include information such as major accomplishments, features being developed or implemented, features being discussed, technical issues, events, and examples of exceptional work being done.
Archived report could be found in the Summit reports archive.
- Wikidata discussion about prices and opening hours, which could be very useful to Wikivoyage.
- (Discussion was archived here: Wikidata:Project_chat/Archive/2018/01#Opening days and prices).
- From February 1st to February 28, German Wikivoyage took part at the Wikivoyage edit-a-thon 2018.
- From February 1st to February 28th, Spanish Wikivoyage took part at the Wikivoyage edit-a-thon 2018. --Zerabat (discusión) 15:22, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- In march ended the Spanish language edition of the event 5th anniversary of the launch of Wikivoyage on the Wikimedia Foundation servers (also the 5th anniversary of the founding of the Spanish Wikivoyage edition) and the results were made public (results announcement · detailed analysis), four editors having won a gift card and every contributor received a badge.
- Since at that time usually votings were not successful due to lack of quorum, voting policy was modified by lowering the requirements to pass what is voted, what contemplates the situation of the number of active editors.
- User RolandUnger as the chairman of the Wikivoyage association usergroup took part at the Wikimedia Conference 2018 in Berlin. We made several talks, for instance with Indian and Arabic communities.
- OsmAnd 3.0 newly released on May 24, 2018 supports Wikivoyage.
- User DerFussi released the DeleteRequests.js script which gives a delete form to perform all steps of a deletion request off the reel.
- The German Wikimedia chapter supported us to develop an ad brochure for the Wikivoyage project. Thanks to Nico (WMDE).
- The scripts MapTools.js and Poi2gpx.js were improved. Maps generated by MapTools.js contain now lines and polygones fetched from external sources. Poi2gpx.js is now able to export tracks embedded in the article into a gpx file. The tracks can be stored in external sources, too.
- At German Wikivoyage we are planning and realizing improvements for smartphones. Marker Tooltips can be shown now on smartphones not only after a mouse-over event.