Wikivoyage holds monthly summits, where ambassadors from each language version can come together to report and discuss interesting news in their communities with the broader Wikivoyage community. The goal is to promote interlingual coordination and cooperation, and to more generally foster a spirit of cross-wiki community and shared endeavor.
Reports should include information such as major accomplishments, features being developed or implemented, features being discussed, technical issues, events, and examples of exceptional work being done.
- Now I have finished the Infobox/Quickbar for cities on de: I have rewritte the wikidata module as well. The quickbar is able to find the province article of any existing place by climbing up the geographical hierarchy on wikidata over districts and counties up to the provinces/prefectures/states. It also picks the qualifiers on wikidata for population and it compares your own data with wikidata. So you can activate Wikidata Tools do get a bigger quickbar with additional information like "different altitude on Wikidata" or something like that, including tools to edit Wikidata/the article. -- DerFussi 15:14, 9 February 2016 (UTC)
- We somehow passed 4K articles in the end of January or the beginning of February. Many of them are monument listings though.--Ymblanter (talk) 22:02, 19 February 2016 (UTC)
- On january, We has adopted a new sysops inactivity policy. This policy defines activity when sysop realices 15 log actions/edits on principal namespace.
- Much time since the last news from eswikivoyage. Now, is my pleased to announce *drums*: Spanish Wikivoyage has reached the 2,000 travel guides! We are happy for this, and are preparing a event to impulse our project. The event is coming soon. Greetings, --White Master (es) 23:52, 16 March 2016 (UTC)
- Discussion about the new maps technology, and about Visual Editor
- Should we relax the requirement for a place to sleep as the basis of an article?
- New map technology being tested: voy:User:Yurik/Sandbox/Salzburg#Get_around . It allows several maps per article.
- Prototype of a 100% Wikidata-powered quickbar: voy:Wikivoyage:Travellers'_pub#Switching_.7B.7BQuickbar.7D.7D_to_Wikidata
- Wikidata progress discussion
- The Wikidata-powered Quickbar is now in general use, all problems seem to have been solved.
- In order to improve the Wikidata-powered Quickbar many pieces of information on emergency phone numbers, electricity and location maps have been added to Wikidata. They can be used by Wikimedia projects as well as by external applications. A list with articles to work on can be found at voy:en:Category:Quickbar with missing information.