Workshop of Publishers and Writers on Unicode, Open Source and Wikimedia Projects
CIS-A2K has started dialogue with the publishers for the last 6 months regarding FOSS, Open knowledge and content donation to Wikimedia Projects. As a result, various publishers and writers associated with social sector have taken initiative to organise workshops. Parisar, NGO working on environmental issues organised this orientation session for 4 activists, 5 publishers and 6 writers.
- Date:25th July 2018
- Time: 4.30 to 7.30PM
- Venue : Parisar, Pune
- Participants : 15
The following issues were discussed with demonstrations -
- Adoption of Unicode and open source softwares
- Make available old reference books, out of print books on web using new technology
- Strengthening of Marathi Wikipedia, Wikisource, Wiktionary etc.
- Social marketing of literary books
- Explore the new medium of e books
- To establish a company on lines of Amazon for e-selling of marathi books