Writing week/German-speaking Community of Belgium
The German-speaking Community is one of the three communities in Belgium and comprises nine municipalities: Amel, Büllingen, Burg-Reuland, Bütgenbach, Eupen, Kelmis, Lontzen, Raeren and Sankt Vith. The area stretches from the 3-country point at Vaals in the north to the 3-country point near Ouren in the south, located near the border with Germany.
This area is unfortunately only very limited described on Wikipedia. That is why Wikimedia Belgium organises a double writing week on this area from 10 to 21 December 2018. Everyone can participate by writing about topics related to this region.
Add your name here if you participate in the writing weeks.
- Romaine - writing about monuments, nature and more
- Yiyi (talk) (on it.wikipedia)
- 1rhb (de/en & Commons)
Anyone can participate: write about topics related to this area during these weeks! Are you looking for inspiration? Below here you can add the most remarkable subjects from this area.
- The area: German-speaking Community of Belgium
- The 9 municipalities of this area: Amel, Büllingen, Burg-Reuland, Bütgenbach, Eupen, Kelmis, Lontzen, Raeren and Sankt Vith
- Translation of: Belgisch-Preußische Grenzsteine
While the writing weeks mainly take place online, we also organise an edit-a-thon on site on the Saturday 15 December 2018 in Eupen from 10:00-16:00 in the Jugendherberge. If you want to come, please indicate this at infowikimedia.be
- The articles are all added to the other project pages.
- List of protected heritage sites in Eupen, updated & corrected.
- Stadtmuseum Eupen in the German version of Did yqu know (January 29/30, with 11 photos created during the Schreibwoche)