XPOSED Queer Film Festival 2022 organises an edit-a-thon on 27th and 28th May 2022 from 14:00 to 17:00 CET at Aquarium (Südblock), Skalitzer Straße 6, 10999 Berlin
Queer history and queer culture are not as represented on Wikipedia as they should be. Many of the filmmakers and films that we screen this year at XPOSED or have screened in the past do not have Wikipedia articles in any language, despite having won awards or being of relevance for queer and feminist film history. We want to change that – and would love for you to be a part of it!
And the best thing is: You don’t need any previous knowledge: In this workshop, you will learn how to edit Wikipedia articles in English, German or any other language that you want to write in. We will show you all the technical things you need to know, but also how you can find information to base Wikipedia articles on. You can then choose an article to work on by yourself or in collaboration with others – and help to give queer experimental film more online exposure. You could come on either Saturday or Sunday or on both days.
Please let us know that you’re coming by writing a short email to thomas (a) xposedfilmfestival.com. Please bring a laptop, if possible – they work much better for editing Wikipedia than smartphones.
XPOSED Queer Film Festival 2022 organisiert am 27. und 28. Mai 2022 von 14:00 bis 17:00 einen Edit-a-thon im Aquarium (Südblock), Skalitzer Straße 6, 10999 Berlin
Queere Geschichte und queere Kultur sind auf Wikipedia nicht so stark repräsentiert wie sie sein sollten. Viele der die Relevanzkriterien von Wikipedia erfüllenden Filmschaffenden und Filme, die wir dieses Jahr bei XPOSED zeigen oder in der Vergangenheit gezeigt haben, haben keine Wikipedia-Artikel weder auf Deutsch noch auf Englisch, obwohl sie oft preisgekrönt oder besonders relevant für die queere und feministische Filmgeschichte sind. Wir wollen das ändern - und hoffen, dass du dabei mitmachst!
In diesem Workshop zeigen wir Neulingen, wie Wikipedia auf Englisch, Deutsch oder anderen Sprachen bearbeitet werden kann, welche technischen Fähigkeiten es dazu braucht und auf welchen Quellen gute Wikipedia-Artikel aufgebaut werden können. Du kannst zum Workshop an beiden Tagen oder auch nur an einem von beiden kommen.
Um eine kurze Anmeldung bei thomas (a) xposedfilmfestival.com wird gebeten. Falls möglich, bring bitte einen Laptop mit, um selbstständig arbeiten zu können.
Participants | Teilnehmende
- Shikeishu (talk) 13:12, 20 May 2022 (UTC)
- Fran deCe (talk) 13:09, 27 May 2022 (UTC)
- Laura media (talk) 13:09, 27 May 2022 (UTC)
- --Grizma (talk) 10:37, 26 May 2022 (UTC) (Friday only)
- Moranalexander (talk) 13:07, 27 May 2022 (UTC)
- DavidBakum (talk) 13:08, 27 May 2022 (UTC)
- Vdelgadocuevas (talk) 13:09, 27 May 2022 (UTC)
- Jacobmcpherson (talk) 12:52, 28 May 2022 (UTC)
- Lemi Da Mandala (talk) 13:04, 28 May 2022 (UTC)
- Mirembes (talk) 13:09, 28 May 2022 (UTC)
- Dyketactics (talk) 13:23, 28 May 2022 (UTC)
- Isaacstw (talk) 13:33, 28 May 2022 (UTC)
Results | Ergebnisse
Here we will list all articles that we edited during the project.
- edited en:Fan Popo --Shikeishu (talk) 13:49, 27 May 2022 (UTC)
- de:Fan Popo --Shikeishu (talk) 14:21, 27 May 2022 (UTC)
- es:Eszter Katalin --Vdelgadocuevas (talk) 15:00, 27 May 2022 (UTC)
- de:Maissa Lihedheb --DavidBakum
- en:Elene Naveriani --Moranalexander
- de:TJ Cuthand --Grizma (talk) 22:50, 27 May 2022 (UTC)
- edited en:Kanchi Wichmann
- edited de:Ulrike Zimmermann
- edited id:Royston Tan
- en:Eszter Katalin --Jacobmcpherson (talk) 14:04, 28 May 2022 (UTC)
- it:Harry Dodge
- en:Angelo Madsen Minax
- de:Phoebe Boswell
- en:Dolissa Medina
- edited en:Cary Cronenwett