Jump to navigation Jump to search
Zenodo is a scholarly publishing platform which CERN provides. It is useful for Meta-Wiki as a highly stable platform for storing academic article pre-prints, datasets, and figures which require a traditional publishing format but do not require peer review or the traditional publishing process.
If anyone has the copyright to academic content and wants to store it in a way that is accessible for Wikimedia projects and more, then Zenodo offers quick and easy access to benefits which are hard to find elsewhere.
- Assigns a DOI to any publication, thereby making it machine readable, compatible with Wikidata indexing, and compatible with almost any other academic platform
- The website is produced by CERN and represents the best that the European Union can offer
- Users report that publishing for the first time in Zenodo takes maximum 5 minutes, which is speedy by 2019 standards and unusual in academic publishing
- Zenodo has easily accessible options for Wikimedia compatible Creative Commons license designations
- As a preprint server and archive, Zenodo will host almost any kind of user-generated scholarly content