Can someone revert and protect
Wikipedia mascot was actually supposed to have been made historical as of March 22 2006, but I didn't add a tag to it until 3 April 2006. Anyway, any edits since should be reverted, as this page servers no current purpose, only historical. -- Zanimum 17:38, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- This kind of request are better to fit to Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat perhaps ... Well I totally agree with you but as the original proposer of this closure I feel myself too involved to make your requesting sysop actions. I would like another to take care of that. --Aphaia 19:42, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
I wonder why Bcorr is listed under "former admins", AFAICS he still has the sysop flag. ? --Thogo (talk) 22:21, 14 May 2007 (UTC) He was removed the flag due to inactivity, if it isn't it was just a mistake. --Aphaia 23:06, 14 May 2007 (UTC)
- It isn't indeed. --Thogo (talk) 23:31, 14 May 2007 (UTC)
"Confirmed in second quarter 2007, status to be confirmed in second quarter 2008"
Shouldn't that rather be "Confirmed in July 2007, status to be confirmed in July 2008? (It isn't really true, but normally the confirmations for those listed there should end on 1st of July this year. :o) ) Maybe we should really leave the confirmations running over the whole 3 months (from 4th quarter '07 on)? --Thogo (talk) 22:47, 14 May 2007 (UTC)
- I don't think so; "second quarter" means the quarter which began in April and ends in June. Thus it would rather be rewritten as "Confirmed in April 2008", but I have no reason to make it so narrow. We don't foresee what will happen. And it was not our way to have three months confirmation originally. Already we agree on one month confirmation. See the talk page of confirmation page. --Aphaia 23:03, 14 May 2007 (UTC)
On Commons I was trying to make an account with the name "TomRed" and I couldn't because it is similar to "Tomred", I searched for the user page "Tomred" and there isn't one of existance, this is the same thing that happened in Wikipedia (The "TomRed" "Tomred" issue) but there was a link to request an Administrator on the create account page which there isn't a link on Commons, it just says it, I believe it's an error and would like it to be fixed so I can make the account "TomRed", also on Commons, the "Log in/create account" link moves to the left hand side before I can click it (may just be on my computer I'm not sure), can someone please help me with this, Thank You.
- Tomred made an account on Commons last November. You will need to choose a more unique name. Angela 11:23, 15 August 2007 (UTC)
Account problems 2
He also made an account on Wikipedia and they made mine aswell (after the Administrator request page for a few hours) but as I said the link to that page on Commons isn't there and I request that specific name (TomRed) as I am using it for other Wikis and would like to continue doing so, could someone please help me out here, also why can't we use similar names? Thanks again.
- Similar names cannot be used to help prevent impersonation. Majorly (talk) 19:10, 15 August 2007 (UTC)
Account problems 3
So can someone fix the "request an Administrator" link on Commons please? (I need it fixed like others do so I can request one of them to make the account "TomRed" for me like they did on Wikipedia (Thanks for that whoever done it), I want to use the name "TomRed" as I am using it for all the other Wikis). Thanks.
- On what page? Can you give us a link, please? Thunderhead 20:06, 15 August 2007 (UTC)
Account problems 4
Of course, the link is http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&type=signup&returnto=Main_Page if that doesn't work just create an account on Commons with the name "TomRed" (make sure that you cannot get round to actually making it), at the top there is a red box saying "Login error:The name "TomRed" is very similar to the existing account "Tomred" (contributions • logs • user creation entry). Please choose another name, or [[Commons:Administrators' noticeboard|request an administrator]] to create this account for you." where it says "[[Commons:Administrators' noticeboard|request an administrator | there should if I'm correct be a link to the page(s) but there isn't so I cannot put my request for the account to be made (Which I could on Wikipedia), can someone please fix this or tell me another way of making the account "TomRed". Thanks.