Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat
|←Requests and proposals||Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat||Archives (current)→|
administrator or bureaucrat for some particular task, it is not always easy to find one. This page helps users find one when they need one; asking specific admins directly via their talk pages is one way to elicit a fast response.
Meta has a small active community. When a normal user requires the assistance of an |
Hi. Wikimedia Spain is currently organizing an editathon that will took place in Madrid on January 24th. To ensure a maximum number of attendees we would appreciate a banner to publicise the event among Wikipedia users. I have a design for the banner here. The campaign details are:
- link: es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Encuentros/Editatón_Europeana_Fashion
- dates: 18th -24th January.
- logged-in and anonymous users.
- destined for Spanish users only. To be shown in all projects in Spanish language (es.*)
- text1: Si te interesa la moda participa en el Editatón Europeana Fashion.
- text2: Te esperamos el 24 de enero en Madrid.
block Mebel Jati kayu
- Done Blocked for a month. A month will be enough, I think. If he continues after expires, I'll indef him. — Revi 04:56, 19 January 2015 (UTC)
- I've left the user a warning, something that should have been done earlier. If they continue to disruptively remove content please re-report them here. Best, Tiptoety talk 22:57, 20 January 2015 (UTC)
Block for spam-only account User:Tapqlbe
I dropped off the radar due to some life issues about 18 months ago and have now found myself back here and watching RC (always my addiction) a bit. Looking at a revert yesterday I realised that rollback is more than a little useful & having been granted that right again on Commons asked around - the response made me wonder and I see no harm in posting here.
I'm quite happy if local 'crats see this as not appropriate or indeed wish to leave this posting here for a while. I fully respect the small but active community here on Meta and have no wish at all to create problems. I will not be as active as I was however I'll probably be more active that some I guess and I have no plans to quit the project at present so I'd be interested to know if admin rights could be returned to me or not. I think I was pretty competent with the admin buttons in the past and nothing substantial seems to have changed while I've been away. The answer "no" will not upset me and I'll happily answer any questions that 'crats or the community have. Thanks for your time --Herby talk thyme 12:59, 24 January 2015 (UTC)
- I'm more than strongly in favor of granting you the bits back! You haven't left under a cloud and so I see no reason to not grant you the right back. Welcome back to the projects, btw! (Not granting the rights right away, I will wait for me input since it's been quite some time) -Barras talk 13:03, 24 January 2015 (UTC)
- I am going to grant your sysop bit back here on meta, since you left uncontroversially and I can fully understand how can people benefit from a pause. Please allow me to do later this afternoon, just in case some fellow admin/bureaucrat has something to say about that. --M/ (talk) 13:06, 24 January 2015 (UTC)
- I have no problems with giving you your admin rights back. Per Barras and M7, and it's been an old custom local practice to restore rights from users leaving in good standing at Meta, plus Herby is trusworthy. Welcome back. -- M\A 13:16, 24 January 2015 (UTC)
- There may be no policy on meta, but on many projects having retired for over a year is good reason to expect a reconfirmation process. @Herbythyme: would you be prepared to do this as a gesture of good will and to assure everyone that you have the full support of the community for your work? Thanks --Fæ (talk) 12:04, 25 January 2015 (UTC)
- You are obviously intent on pursuing me across projects Fae. This appears to have been closed with the support of a number of 'crats so I see little point in worrying about it. --Herby talk thyme 12:24, 25 January 2015 (UTC)
- I'm somewhat happy that meta isn't any of those many projects. The right has been granted and there is no apparent reason to have now a re-election. He's not the first person to get his tools back after a break longer than one year. This decision is on meta part of the bureaucrats discretion. Please don't try to turn meta needless into one of those many projects with needless bureaucracy. Thanks, -Barras talk 12:24, 25 January 2015 (UTC)
ymblanter is making threats on wiki en
- This is not a case for Meta admins. -- Tegel (Talk) 10:51, 25 January 2015 (UTC)
Request to reinstate mass-message rights
In my work on the Grants:IEG/Medicine Translation Project Community Organizing I have used mass-messaging to get messages out about the project. As part of a larger outreach effort I sent a mass-message that unfortunately found its way to certain users several times on different Wikipedias. I will oversee all my protocols to make sure this or anything similar does not occur again. CFCF (talk) 18:54, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- Currently Oppose: See User talk:CFCF#MassMessage rights Amir (talk) 19:12, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- I guess the user learned his lesson and similar actions won't be done again. I do not object to re-granting. A link to the talk page discussion in the request would have been nice though. --MF-W 20:20, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose from reading that discussion I'm seeing a number of things that indicate that the user does not know what they are doing. --Rschen7754 03:55, 29 January 2015 (UTC) --Rschen7754 03:55, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
- Please elaborate, also consider "that user" is the one who made this request. CFCF (talk) 12:08, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose too. Only after he make a valid massmessage request here for few times. (Example by other user) — Revi 06:02, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose unless and until the user can demonstrate, per Revi, that (s)he can properly use the extension.--Jasper Deng (talk) 06:10, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
- Regardless if you believe I should submit requests for the time being, you can see that previous newsletters have been sent without incident. CFCF (talk) 12:08, 29 January 2015 (UTC)