|← Meta-Wiki's policies and guidelines||Meta-Wiki oversighters (information page)||Oversight policy →|
This page provides information about oversighters at this Meta-Wiki. For the policy that regulates its use globally please see the |
Users with access to the oversight tool (called oversighters) are highly trusted administrators that can permanently remove entries in page histories and logs so its content is no longer avalaible to users and regular administrators. The use of the tool must be done in accordance with the global Oversight policy.
Use of the tool 
This feature is approved for use in four cases:
- Removal of non-public personal information such as phone numbers, home addresses, workplaces or identities of pseudonymous or anonymous individuals who have not made their identity public, or of public individuals who have not made that personal information public.
- Removal of potentially libelous information either:
- a) on the advice of Wikimedia Foundation counsel or;
- b) when the case is clear, and there is no editorial reason to keep the revision.
- Removal of copyright violations on the advice of Wikimedia Foundation counsel.
- Hiding of blatant attack names on automated lists and logs, where this does not disrupt edit histories. A blatant attack is one obviously intended to denigrate, threaten, libel, insult, or harass someone.
Appointment process 
The basics of the appointment process are described at Oversight policy#Access. This section describe the process at this site.
Alternatively, you can email the same information to one of the following users of your preference: