The result of the following proposal for closing a WMF project is to CLOSE the project. Please, do not modify this page.
The following discussion is closed.
I believe the Venezuela Wikimedia should be closed.
There exists no WMF chapter in Venezuela at all (Wikimedia Venezuela only gives a dead link). As a result, this wiki is completely devoid of content. However, it has attracted some spam in the past. As this wiki serves no purpose at all, it should be closed. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Prince Kassad (talk • contribs) .
- Support No content, no project. A Stop at Willoughby 21:10, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
- Support What's up with the homepage?--Pineapple fez 01:35, 27 March 2010 (UTC)
- There's no point in keeping it —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) .
- Only page is the main page Support --DieBuche 21:22, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
- Support --Diego Grez return fire 17:39, 3 May 2010 (UTC)
- Support until the local chapter is created. Andewz111 20:59, 3 May 2010 (UTC)
- Support -FASTILY (TALK) 05:20, 14 May 2010 (UTC)
- Support -Xqt 12:11, 14 June 2010 (UTC)
- Support Venezuelan users should contribute to the Spanish Wikimedia. Kanzler31 04:22, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Please note Wikimedia chapters are by country and not by language. --OosWesThoesBes 19:38, 9 August 2010 (UTC)
- Support Venezuela doesn't own a language. And Wikimedia doesn't have in any languages! It's already in meta or commons. And it's reserved for an African language.--220.127.116.11 21:17, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
- Please note Wikimedia chapters are by country and not by language, so "ve" is not a language code. --OosWesThoesBes 19:38, 9 August 2010 (UTC)
- Support OosWesThoesBes iden. Wilfredor 19:23, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- Support per Kanzler31. Battleaxe9872 22:26, 7 September 2010 (UTC)
- See comment on Kanzler31's vote. --Waldir 08:40, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
- Support AFAIK, the project for establishing a Venezuelan chapter is currently in a stalemate. As the page has no valuable content, I believe it may only add confusion about whether the project is active or not. Nevertheless, I think that DamianFinol's advice should be taken into account, as he has been the leading advocate for the establishment of a WMF chapter in Venezuela. --Galio 06:05, 16 September 2010 (UTC)
- Support closure with perhaps a redirect URL to Wikimedia chapters#Planned chapters. Restart when we get a real chapter. --A. B. (talk) 03:47, 17 October 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Striker 12:10, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
- Support - Galio said it best: "the project for establishing a Venezuelan chapter is currently in a stalemate. As the page has no valuable content, I believe it may only add confusion about whether the project is active or not."--Piast93 03:54, 19 December 2010 (UTC)
- Support This is just a placeholder for the url of a potential future chapter. There is no reason the placeholder needs to be a wiki, and it ought not be used as a wiki unless and until the chapter is formed. ~ Ningauble 14:07, 22 December 2010 (UTC)
- Support No content. -- බිඟුවා සාකච්ඡාව 08:38, 25 December 2010 (UTC)
- Support I sent an email to DamianFinol about two months ago, and I don't see any reaction from him. I think that we can report to bugzilla now. -- Quentinv57 (talk) 09:27, 25 December 2010 (UTC)
Oppose I'm not sure either. --Diego Grez let's talk 22:36, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
- Ochkarik 09:17, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
- The project does not seem to have been started. I don't know if it should be closed. Ottava Rima (talk) 19:29, 9 April 2010 (UTC)
- As far as I can read on the main page, it's said that «This subdomain is reserved for the creation of a Wikimedia in Español language»; however it should be es.wikimedia.org. Not sure on this but the nominator is correct: there is not such a chapter yet and the project is inactive. If a chapter existed the inactivity would not mind for me, but I think that the wiki has currently no purpose. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you, --Dferg 18:22, 3 May 2010 (UTC)
- Well, after a second look I have seen that Wikimedia Venezuela is a proposed chapter with «bylaws ready» but all the links given are not working for me. --Dferg 18:37, 3 May 2010 (UTC)
- This entry appears to have been entered by user DamianFinol (last activity on 5 October 2010, meta). I have sent him an email, hopping he will react to this discussion. -- Quentinv57 14:53, 1 November 2010 (UTC)
- Discussion open since March, consensus is in favour of closing. Close discussion and report to bugzilla? --dferg ☎ talk 10:18, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- I don't think so. This wiki is not an issue. And it's not a "project", it's a (proposed) Wikimedia chapter official website. I don't know which proposed chapters are allowed to have a wikimedia.org subdomain wiki, but I guess the ChapCom should decide that. --Nemo 07:10, 11 August 2010 (UTC)
- I indented comments by people who don't seem to understand the purpose of the project... it's a Venezuelan chapter wiki, not a Venezuelan content project. Cbrown1023 talk 21:25, 14 September 2010 (UTC)
- Please hold on, I'll try and contact the relevant people to comment here. --Waldir 08:31, 15 September 2010 (UTC)
- Since there are no responses, I propose to close this after seven days. :| TelCoNaSpVe :| 01:15, 22 December 2010 (UTC)
- bugzilla:26432 has been filed by TeleComNasSprVen, but I'm not sure this was ready. --Nemo 10:12, 5 January 2011 (UTC)