User talk:Allan Aguilar
Hola, Ralgis. Lo sé, se debe escribir en cursiva, pero en la gran mayoría de casos está en redonda. No digo que hay que perpetuar el error, pero abogo por la uniformidad en las páginas de Meta-Wiki. Además, el significado que se le otorga en este ámbito varía del que tiene la palabra en el idioma inglés. Un cordial saludo, LlamaAl (talk) 15:46, 18 February 2014 (UTC)
- A pesar de su distinto significado, sigue siendo un extranjerismo, así que, ortográficamente, siempre será un error escribirla en redonda. Pero no extenderé el tema, así que he deshecho mi propia edición. Saludos. --Allan Aguilar • /t/ 15:55, 18 February 2014 (UTC)
- Bien. Se podría proponer un cambio masivo de este y otros casos en Meta talk:Babylon, pero personalmente no lo considero tan importante. Un saludo y gracias :). LlamaAl (talk) 15:58, 18 February 2014 (UTC)
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
Request for feedback on my GSoC'14 proposal
I am planning to work on the project titled "Tools for mass migration of legacy translated wiki content" this summer under Google Summer of Code. I have drafted a proposal for the same over the past few weeks. This project is going to help the translation adminstrators like you in a great way, as it would completely automate the tedious manual task of preparing a page for translation and then importing the translations into the Translate extension. You can check the proposal page for detailed information on how I plan to accomplish this.
As you would be an end user of this tool, it would be great if you could go through the proposal and provide feedback/suggestions. Your feedback would definitely help me improve the proposal as well help in creating an even better tool. You can do the same on the discussion page of the proposal or reply here, whichever is convenient for you. I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you!
P.S: I need to submit the proposal to Google by March 19, 2014.
Consulta sobre página de Encuentro Wikimedia Iberoamericano 2014
Hola Ralgis, Soy Nicolás Miranda, encargado de Comunicaciones de Wikimedia Argentina. He creado recientemente la página sobre el encuentro Wikimedia Iberoamericano 2014 en Buenos Aires y notado que has efectuado correcciones a la misma. Gracias por tu aporte! Vemos que en la bajada de la foto de portada hay un link no creado en la palabra Buenos Aires (Special:MyLanguage/Iberocoop:Encuentro Wikimedia Iberoamericano 2014/Buenos Aires). Quería consultar si podrías aportarme información respecto de su función y cómo completarlo mejor, tal vez con alguna referencia.
- Hola, Nicolás. Supongo que la confusión se debe al prefijo
Special:MyLanguage. En los proyectos multilingües como Meta, donde muchas veces se realizan traducciones de las páginas (tal es el caso de «Encuentro Wikimedia Iberoamericano 2014»), al añadir este prefijo se enviará al lector a la versión del idioma que haya elegido como predeterminado. Por ejemplo, en mi caso he elegido al español, por lo que al hacer clic en Special:MyLanguage/Iberocoop:Encuentro Wikimedia Iberoamericano 2014 el sistema me envía directamente a Iberocoop:Encuentro Wikimedia Iberoamericano 2014/es . Así se garantiza que el lector verá la página en el idioma que prefiere si ha sido traducido a este. Si no hay traducciones, enlazará a la página misma, sin cambios, pero considero que enlazar previamente con
Special:MyLanguageayuda a adelantarse a posibles futuras traducciones, especialmente en el espacio de nombres Iberocoop, reservado para una iniciativa cuyos integrantes hablan distintos idiomas. ¡Saludos! Ralgis (talk) 13:46, 3 June 2014 (UTC)
Please test the new feature Special:PageMigration
As a Google Summer of Code Intern, I have been working on the Mass Migration tools project for Wikimedia. We are now ready with a minimal working product. The tool helps translators and translation administrators import the old translations into the Translate Extension.
An instance of the same has been set up on labs. You can find some useful instructions on the main page.
Please test the tool and report bugs/suggestions using the link provided on the main page itself. You can have a look at the tracking bug to check already reported bugs.
The Affiliations Committee is looking for new members. The committee's work requires communication with volunteers all over the World, negotiating skills and cultural sensitivity and the ability to understand legal texts. We try to get a healthy mix of different skill sets in our members.
Members are usually selected every twelve months for staggered two-year terms. The applications will be voted on by the current members not seeking re-election, taking into account comments put forward by the committee's members, advisers, WMF staff and board liaisons based on the membership criteria. A final decision will be made by the end of October 2014, with new members expected to join on or around 1 November 2014.
Please read the full call for candidates for more information, membership criteria, and details on how to apply.
Chair, Affiliations Committee
Dear Ralgis, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:38, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, Pete. I have not participated in the discussion, but I am aware of it, and shall participate if necessary. Thank you for informing me. Allan J. Aguilar (Ralgis) 13:15, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Hello there! I noticed your work for Tech News translations, thanks a lot for that. I also know that you're interested in VE, but saw that you removed your name from VisualEditor/Newsletter. I just wanted to tell you that I intend to ensure that the next issues of that newsletter are fully translatable and delivered pretty much like Tech News. I'll appreciate your help when this happens :) best, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 09:23, 16 September 2014 (UTC)
- Hello, Erica. I removed my name from the list because I already read the Newsletter at the Village Pumps of several wikis. However, now that you mention it, If the VisualEditor newsletter can be translated before it is delivered, I will be more that happy to translate it to Spanish. Please contact me when this is possible. Allan J. Aguilar (Ralgis) 13:57, 16 September 2014 (UTC)
- Sure! Will do :) --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 14:52, 16 September 2014 (UTC)
- Hi again! As promised, in case you're not on the Translators mailing list, here is my request related to VisualEditor. Thanks a lot for what you will do (and apologies if you're seeing this message more than once!), --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 22:02, 8 October 2014 (UTC)
- Sure! Will do :) --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 14:52, 16 September 2014 (UTC)
Mailing list for global renamers
Dear global renamer,
We have created a mailing list for us to allow easy communication. Please subscribe here and send me or Trijnstel an email to confirm it is you requesting it. Additionally, you might be interested to know of the existance of the #wikimedia-rename IRC channel where you are welcome to join. Should you have any questions, feel free to use my talk page.
Thank you for your help!
|The Translation Barnstar|
|Thank you for your valuable contribution to the translation of the Global South Editor Survey questions! With my best regards, -- Haitham S. (WMF)|
- Hello, Haitham. It has been a pleasure to help. Thank you for this lovely barnstar. Allan J. Aguilar (Ralgis) 16:05, 2 October 2014 (UTC)
Ready for translation: VisualEditor News #9—2014
Hi! This is an invitation to join translators working on the November's issue of the VisualEditor monthly newsletter, which will be widely delivered later this week. The previous bulletin was published in 10 languages, but the translation was completed only for three of them. Will we do better this month? We'd like to reach many more communities in their own language this time, as we're announcing interesting developments like the new ability to add tables and their elements. Thanks a lot for your help! Elitre (WMF) 21:28, 10 November 2014 (UTC)
PS: Here are some instructions. Please go to the translation page: your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've selected it, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or modify existing ones. If you need further help or would like to receive a talk page message to be notified of future translations, please contact me directly.
- @Elitre (WMF): Done for Spanish! I hope it is not too late. Allan J. Aguilar (Ralgis) 17:44, 14 November 2014 (UTC)