Jump to navigation Jump to search
This contains material intended to be humorous. It should not be taken seriously or literally.
For the encyclopedia, see Wikipedia.
|Status of the proposal|
|Reason||If this is intended to be a serious proposal, it fails unanimously. If this is intended to be a joke, then the Proposals for new projects process should not be used for jokes. * Pppery * it has begun 04:08, 7 January 2022 (UTC)|
|Details of the proposal|
|Project description||Wikipedia is the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
We need a more joking version of Wikipedia to get ready for April 1st, 2022. The 1980s Wikipedia is an idea I have generated using nothing, just ideas.Lets get ready - on April 1st, it is time to approve and create this Wikipedia, the WMF!
|Development wiki||No test version of this Wikipedia is available. I might develop one on Wikispore.|
|Sign your name!|
Mailing list links
- Motley Crue
- Oppose. Creating new projects is a non-trivial amount of work, creating an entirely new project for a April fools joke is just stupid, I think everyone involved in the process has better things to be doing with their time than creating a throwaway joke wiki that will only be used for one day. 126.96.36.199 15:41, 18 November 2021 (UTC)
- Oppose unless of course you work on it, O Magee T, yourself first.
- However, your idea somewhat reminds me of conceptual art and an article "What would Wikipedia look like in the 1400s", before discovery of Americas (I cannot find its URL that quick now): slavery is good, women should know their God-assigned place, antipodes do not exist, Religion X is our foe (oh, the latter has not changed that much, has it?). And maybe a tad of Neurocracy, its steampunked version.
- But the IP is right: it is not trivial at all, and it seems you are not after it, as per User talk:TylerMagee#What is going on? in your Talk. (Do prove us wrong, though.)
- BTW and also tangential to this topic; in CEE we used to play with something similar in the 1980s in RL to spread knowledge, including encyclopedic one, see my post-WikiMania 2021 trwiki presentation coment here: User talk:Khutuck#Thank you for your country-level censorship presentation Zezen (talk) 16:32, 2 December 2021 (UTC)
- Oppose I agree with what 188.8.131.52 is saying. Plus, there are some sites like Uncyclopedia if somebody's willing to write humorous articles.--のりっしお (talk) 02:13, 7 January 2022 (UTC)