Admin activity review/Local inactivity policies
Compiled list of wikis with admin review processes
Admins and other rights holders on these wikis are not affected by the global policy. This list may be incomplete.
This list was originally compiled at Talk:Requests for comment/Activity levels of advanced administrative rights holders as part of the RFC process. If your community has developed or revoked a review process, please add them here and consider adding a link to your local community process and a permalink to the decision in the edit summary. Please also leave a note on Stewards' noticeboard pointing to your change on this page.
Special provision rights
- Stewards — yearly confirmation, special 12 month activity requirement
- Checkusers — 12 month activity requirement
- Oversighters — 12 month activity requirement
- Global renamers — 12 month activity requirement
- Global sysops — 6 month logged GS action requirement
- Global bots – 1 year of no edits on global bot wikis, after notification of operator on homewiki and Meta
- Commons — De-adminship
- Incubator — incubator:I:A#Administrators: removal after 12 months of nearly no logs/edits
- MediaWiki.org — No sysops can be de-sysoped for inactivity
- Meta — Meta:Administrators/Removal
- Multilingual Wikisource — has a somewhat active process and clearly no consensus to remove
- Outreach Wiki — outreach:Wikimedia:Inactivity policy: de-sysoped if no edits or administrative actions for at least 12 months
- Wikidata — d:WD:A#Losing adminship: Less than 5 actions in the last 6 months (includes property creator actions - search for page creations in the Property: namespace)
- Wikispecies — species:Wikispecies:Administrators/Admin Review
- cs.wikibooks policy: removal after 6 months without logged action
- en.wikibooks — Expectations (permissions for administrators, bureaucrats, and checkusers may be removed when minimum activity expectations are not met, one month after notifying the person and the community. Inactive bots may have permissions removed at bureaucrats discretion)
- fr.wikibooks — Inactivity policy of one year
- ja.wikibooks — annual reconfirmations (policy)
- nl.wikibooks — Inactief, policy: removal procedure starts after 12 months of inactivity
- sv.wikibooks — Inactivity policy, one year.
- vi.wikibooks has a recall process for inactive administrators. However, only one user has ever been given permanent rights; the rest are given temporary rights by Meta stewards.
- Wikinewses with Arbitration Committees: currently only en
- cs.wikinews policy: removal after 6 months without logged action
- fa.wikinews policy: removal after 6 months without any edits + 7 days warning
- fr.wikinews policy: a warning is issued if not logged actions in 12 months, removal after 3 months of inactivity after the warning.
- it.wikinews policy: annual vote for confirmation plus removal after six months of inactivity, but it's quite unapplied
- ja.wikinews checks by another discussion. We do the will your administrator of inactivity about more than a year. Or, administrator of inactivity for more than two years will apply for removal of administrator flag. Please look at checklist.
- ru.wikinews policy: a warning is issued if no logged actions in 6 months, removal after 3 months of inactivity after the warning
- sv.wikinews policy
- zh.wikinews has inactivity removal policy for administrators and bureaucrats inactive for 6 months, and continued to be absent 1 month after notification.
- Wikipedias with Arbitration Committees: cs, de, en, fa, fi, fr, hu, nl, pl, ru, th, uk
- als.wikipedia policy: removal after 1 year of inactivity
- ar.wikipedia policy: removal after 6 months of inactivity (but the admin must be informed before removal).
- bar.wikipedia policy: removal after 1 year of inactivity
- bn.wikipedia policy: fewer than 50 administrative actions & fewer than 70 edit for a period of one year.
- bs.wikipedia policy
- ca.wikipedia: 1 year of inactivity.
- cs.wikipedia policy: removal after half year without logged action requiring sysop rights
- cy.wikipedia policy
- da.wikipedia policy: removal after 6 months of inactivity and 30 days after notification
- de.wikipedia policy: removal after 1 year of inactivity and 90 days after notification. In addition, there is a re-election process: If 25 editors within one month, or 50 within six months, sign that they feel an admin should stand for re-election, the admin has the choice of either standing for re-election or standing down.
- en.wikipedia has its own removal process outside of ArbCom: w:Wikipedia:Inactive administrators
- For Checkusers and Oversighters, there is a minimum activity expectation that is reviewed quarterly. The main reason for removal of Checkuser or Oversight permission is inactivity.
- eo.wikipedia: 1 year since last contribution (not necessarily administrative), must first be announced on the village pump and the administrator's talk page. eo:Vikipedio:Administrantoj#Maladministrantigo. There is also recall process, which can be initiated by any user, and consists of a vote where eligible users (40+ edits, 3+ months old account, has a userpage) can vote and the admin is removed if more than 50% vote for removal.
- es.wikipedia: fewer than fifty administrative actions for a period of two years (policy link).
- fa.wikipedia: 1 year of inactivity
- fi.wikipedia: 1 year of inactivity.
- fr.wikipedia policy: suspended status after six months of inactivity, removal after one more year.
- frr.wikipedia policy: removal after 6 months of inactivity upon discussion and de-sysop voting (no automatic de-sysoping)
- hi.wikipedia: विकिपीडिया:प्रबंधक नियम व दायित्व:प्रबंधक को हटाना::प्रबन्धक/प्रशासक पद से निवृति/
- hu.wikipedia policy
- id.wikipedia inactivity policy requires removal for admin with less than 50 edits/log in 3 months, or already left a notification to leave the project for a while with extended 6 months leave.
- is.wikipedia: admin/crat removal after 1 year of inactivity (measured as no edits and no logged action) (the admin/crat must be informed before removal).
- it.wikipedia: annual reconfirmations, removal after six months with no admin actions performed
- ja.wikipedia: 3-month inactivity with no local edits and no sysop actions. (policy)
- ka.wikipedia: policy: If an administrator within 3 months doesn't make 500 edits and 50 sysop actions, sysop rights will be removed without voting.
- ko.wikipedia: Inactivity criteria: 2 years (1 year for Interface admin) with NO admin action and less than 25 contributions are removed after biannual confirmation for those who fail to meet the criteria.
- ksh.wikipedia policy: removal after 1 year of inactivity
- la.wikipedia: no contributions and no log entries for a period of six months
- li.wikipedia: Admins are for life and can only be removed by community consensus in the case of abuse (discussion: admin activity review).
- mk.wikipedia policy
- ml.wikipedia: at least 1 edit in the last 6 months AND 50 edits in the last year in Malayalam Wikipedia.
- mr.wikipedia: removal after 1 years of inactivity; subject to the condition that minimum one Marathi language sysop has to remain there at mr-wikiprojects for ever, in such cases inactive sysop/bureaucrat can be removed only after either an old one comes back or a new one joins in; and that the project indipendance can not be compromised on this count. Minimum activity is defined as minimum one edit or one admin action.(ammendment from 6 to 1 year can be found here)
- ms.wikipedia policy: removal after 1 year of inactivity (notice must be given before removal).
- Sysops: automatic removal if less than 250 edits are made in the past 12 months.
- Checkusers: Chosen by the arbitration committee for infinitive time. The arbitration committee can also decide to revoke the checkuser rights.
- Oversight: nl-wiki does not have own oversight users.
- Bureaucrats: Bureaucrats rights are revoked when the bureaucrats sysop rights are revoked.
- no.wikipedia: All admins/crats are re-elected or desysoped every 24 months.
- pl.wikipedia: sysops only: removal after 1 year of inactivity, with two weeks' notice; at least one nonreverted edit in main AND one log action within last 365 days, if either fails they are inactive.
- pms.wikipedia policy: rights — for inactivity or other reasons — are removed upon request of some member of the community
- ps.wikipedia: ps:Wikipedia: removal after 1 year of inactivity, without any notice
- pt.wikipedia policy: removal after 6 months of inactivity, with one weeks' notice
- ro.wikipedia: Sysops and bureaucrats are revoked if inactive for over a year.
- ru.wikipedia: Sysop access may be revoked if less than 100 edits and 25 sysop actions are made during last 6 months
- sh.wikipedia: after the vote
- simple.wikipedia policy: removal at end of calendar year if <100 administrative actions or edits
- sk.wikipedia: sk:Wikipédia:Pravidlá/Pravidlo o správcoch#Nezáujem o výkon funkcie, 4 months without user edit or admin action
- sl.wikipedia adopted its own inactivity policy: same rules as the global one
- sv.wikipedia has a formal process maintained every three months for admins/crats/CU/OS, which is a part of the re-election-process for all users once a year.
- sw.wikipedia has a formal process by vote after an application to vote was filed.
- sr.wikipedia: If an administrator within one year doesn't make any logged action for which he or she needs sysop tools, sysop rights will be removed automatically.
- vi.wikipedia: desysop automatically after 1 year with no logs and no edits and one month notification.
- zh.wikipedia has inactivity removal policy for administrators and bureaucrats who inactive for 6 months and still be inactive after one month notification.
- cs.wikiquote policy: removal after 6 months without logged action
- de.wikiquote policy: removal after one year of inactivity and no response within 2 weeks after notification
- fi.wikiquote policy: sysop status will be removed after one year of total inactivity (i.e. no edits or log actions in the last 12 months).
- it.wikiquote policy: sysop status will be removed after two years of total inactivity (i.e. no edits or log actions in the last 24 months).
- sk.wikiquote policy
- bn.wikisource policy : removal after 1 year, if not active, minimum 100 editcount/year.
- cs.wikisource policy: removal after 6 months without logged action
- en.wikisource: annual confirmation process s:Wikisource:Restricted access policy
- fi.wikisource: policy: removal after 2 years of no administrative actions (in the log)
- it.wikisource policy: removal after 1 year without any logged edit.
- nl.wikisource policy: every sysop loses his rights after having less than 20 edits over a period of 12 months.
- pl.wikisource: removal after 12 months of inactivity s:pl:Wikiźródła:Odbieranie uprawnień
- sr.wikisource policy
- sv.wikisource inactivity policy: removal after 1 year of inactivity on every Wikimedia projects.
- de.wikiversity: loss of rights after one year with under 10 edits. Inactivity rules
- ja.wikiversity: annual reconfirmations (policy)
- en.wikivoyage has automatic removal by bureaucrats after 2 years. voy:Wikivoyage:Administrators
- es.wikivoyage has inactivity removal policy for administrators and bureaucrats who are inactive for 3 months. Inactivity is less than 15 edits or logged actions in this period (policy link).
- nl.wikivoyage: 2 years (policy)
- sv.wikivoyage policy
- zh.wikivoyage has inactivity removal policy for administrators and bureaucrats who inactive for 6 months and still be inactive after one month notification.
- cs.wiktionary policy: removal after 6 months without logged action
- en.wiktionary policy: removal after 5 years with no use of tools provided there are more than 20 admins before the removal (vote)
- fr.wiktionary policy: automatic removal after 2 years without any activity (policy)
- ja.wiktionary: Administrators are re-elected or de-sysop'ed annually (policy). Automatic removal may take place after 3-month inactivity with no local edits, though it is rarely enforced (policy).
- li.wiktionary: can only be removed by vote (policy)
- mr.wiktionary: removal after 6 years of inactivity; subject to the condition that minimum one Marathi language sysop has to remain there at mr-wikiprojects for ever, in such cases inactive sysop/beurocrat can be removed only after either an old one comes back or a new one joins in; and that the project indipendance can not be compromised on this count. Minimum activity is defined as minimum one edit or one admin action.
- nl.wiktionary policy: Admins removed after 12 months with less than 50 edits or after a vote; each Bureaucrat has to be an Admin too
- pl.wiktionary policy: removal after RFC
- pt.wiktionary: inactive administrators lose their rights after 2 years with less than 50 edits. The user can request their tools back without the need of a new vote, at bureaucrat discretion, if they wish to return to activity (policy).
- simple.wiktionary policy: desysop nomination after 1 year with no edits/logged actions